1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Then use the reason. "Unproven" is not a proper reason for scoffing at a player's worth. It's funny how people often talk about Euro players as unproven but seem to assume that players with a year or two playing time in the NCAA are somehow more proven.

BTW, are you trying to say that just because the players were projected high, you automatically believe that they are better?

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'd pull the trigger on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if DMo turned out better than whoever #5 turns out to be.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not convinced that this year's draft is really a good draft.

4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Um... if Sullinger nominated last year he would have easily been top 5. Great logic :)

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

no one would ever trade cousins and the 5th pick for d-mo. cousins is on his way to becoming a a top 2 center in the league.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree, totally, Agree. We sort of do live in fantasy land on here, thinking a team is actually going to give up the #5 for Lowry and #16. I almost have to say what was Morey smoking today, because no competent GM will fall for that one.

Lowry is not worth top 5 pick in almost any draft. He's not ... it's also silly to think other teams are not going to ask for quality players or young players with potential for such a high pick.

Most GMs lose their job with a certain quickness, if they proceed in a way that Billy King would with draft picks.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it's a very solid draft. Not a draft with 3 or 4 "can't miss" stars/superstars, but rather a draft deep in good to elite role players, some who will turn out to be stars, and one or two who might be superstars. I don't care what people say about Davis... the guy isn't a Ralph Sampson or Akeem Olajuwon, both of whom were clearly going to be superstars, given luck with injuries, and players that had every GM in the league drooling over adding to their teams. I don't see those kinds of players in this draft. Davis may, or may not be, a superstar. Oh, he'll be a star player, but I don't see the can't miss superstar player others no doubt see in him.

So it's a crap shoot after Davis. Sometimes I think we'd be better off picking a couple of those good to elite role players, with star potential, and see what happens. Then I think about Donuts, and the fact that he dramatically improved this past season playing in the second best league on the planet. I simply don't want to trade him. I want to get him in Houston, get him in summer league, in camp, in preseason, and see what we have. In my opinion, if we do that, we'll be very, very excited about having him. Why make a move just to make a move? I see that mindset a lot here. I want to keep Donatas, and I want to get Llull over here next year. I also want to keep Parsons and resign Dragic. Aside from that, go crazy, Morey. Move up, move down, make a deal and get an established star. Just keep those fellows while you're at it, OK?

2 people like this.
  8. nbafever

nbafever Member

no way, Jose. Not every big man has the offensive skills and mobility that Motie has. His production is proven in the Euroleague level. The production of the draft picks is proven on the college level only.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Even if it meant getting Dwight Howard? :rolleyes:

10. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Ya. I think Donatas might turn out to be awesome, though I'd swallow and trade him plus #16 for #5, because I'm probably going to have a little more confidence in that guy we'd pick there.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Roll your eyes all you want, dude, but while you are at it, shown me a deal that requires getting rid of Donuts to get Dwight. All I've read is pure speculation, nothing more.

#311 Deckard, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. onreego

onreego Member

Kyle was the 24th pick and Sheldon Williams was the 5th in 2006, just saying.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We suck so roll the dice people I say give em d mo.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Hidden message. Dmo will be a role player so trade him for dwight.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this is why I said I wasn't convinced this was a good draft. If Davis is the best player in your class, that's not a very good draft in my book.

Personally, I think Dnouts has as much potential as any of the guys in this draft. Will he turn out to be better than them? Who knows. Will any of the guys this year turn out better than Donuts? Again, who knows. That's why I said it was up for grasp comparing Donuts and this year's #5 pick.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We may be looking at this draft in a similar fashion, Easy, although I think it's a deep draft, but not deep with star players.

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

DONT! D-Mo has a winner mentality, cocky, arrogant, wants to be one of the best. That's what you look for in a future great. Willing to learn more, willing to improve what the coaches say.

That's too much to give away. Plus he was so looking forward to this year. He even cancelled the Olympics just to play in NBA summer camp!!! Keep DMO. Trade Scola.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Kings fans saying they would be good with lowry, 12th, 18th for the 5th and hayes. I'd be down too. Don't want to get rid of donatas, watch him come in the league after we traded him and become and allstar...that would be our luck. lol

19. ejarts

ejarts Member

D-Mo is top 3 in this draft if he was in it. D-Mo and Anthony Davis will grow a rivalry here. Mark my words.

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

agreed i think Top 5 though