1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. srrono

srrono Member

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Every player in this draft was properly projected in the top for a reason, just like D-Mo was projected in the 20's last season.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Tell clutch this. None of us will have to read your posts then :grin:

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Nope, Im gonna pass... We can get a pick right arond there for less...

5. cod

cod Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6951244#post6951244

6. HorneR

HorneR Member

Do you not see his point? That could be literally anyone's twitter. That could be MY twitter for all you know.

And I assure you, I'm no insider.

Still, probably just as credible as anything Chris Broussard tweets...

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Wrong answer

Click that link, it is a thread in the Feedback forum from Clutch saying not to post from random twitter accounts.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Donuts could very well be as valuable as the #5 pick. So to give him up, and then give up the actual #5 pick to get Dwight? That is A LOT. I guess I'd still have to do it.

9. RedNation

I'm just getting more and more pessimistic. I think we will stand pat and pick with 12, 16, 18. I hope I'm wrong

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

11. HorneR

HorneR Member

It IS starting to look that way isn't it... :(

And to think, I told myself I wouldn't buy into the hype this time...

12. Ashes

Ashes Member

What makes him as valuable as the #5? You don't think Morey would trade Motiejunas for the #5 straight up if it was offered? That's because it won't be offered, because he isn't worth that much. Man the values people around here place on our own players is just ridiculous. Why not package Motiejunas, Parsons, and the #12 for the #1? Throw in Dragic and it might get done, right?

Supposedly the Kings reject Lowry and the #16 for #5 and taking Hayes' contract. Why? Because the value the #5 as high as it should be valued. Like everyone else values it in the league. It's not easy to move up in this draft, which is why the Rockets had to jump up a few spots to #12. If they move up higher, they'll likely have to package more stuff just to hop up a few spots again, unless they give up a better player/younger prospect along with more picks. It's clear Morey isn't afraid to do that.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Doubt it. Kyle Lowry is getting traded. Should net us at least something....

14. RedNation

I had the same mentality as yours in the past few drafts. I'm tired of getting "close." Keep hopes low and be surprised! I told you this already though ;)

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its sounds like morey wanted Dwight and is pouting again. Just do something already punk. Before you allow another missed opportunity pass just because you had to have this guy who doesnt want you again. Get over and try do your job by drafting someone and use your evaluation skills if you have any with a top 5 pick.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Move on MOREY! GET OVER IT! Dwight is not RESIGNING! So do something else this time instead of letting opportunities to move up in the draft passes.

17. Raven

Raven Member

So we give up D-Mo in our quest for a guy who doesn't want to be here?

:rolleyes:

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seeing as the Howard talk has cooled just a bit, Morey should use this opportunity to sell Scramento on the idea of taking Pats or Morris instead of D-Mo. Still, D-Mo should not be the deal killer.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Regardless of what the rest of the league thinks, Donuts could be as good if not better than whoever is drafted 5th in this draft. The trade with the Kings would've already been made if Morey didn't value Donuts that high.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why does everyone here think D-Mo is the second coming of Dirk?