1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Too much unknown at this point to know if including Motiejunas is worth it or not. I assume the Kings also want one or more picks also. The Rockets probably have some master plan to flip the pick acquired for a veteran star player, but who know at this point. Looks like the Rockets want to gamble on a quick fix instead of build with youth, which I'm not crazy about. So, if we give up our young players and draft picks, I sure hope Morey can work a miracle and get the stars he is looking for. And I hope those star players add up to a lot of wins, or this is going to look bad for years to come.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yes, he can do all he wants in Europe against incredibly subpar competition.

100% he's unproven in the NBA...check his stats...thats right, zero games played in the NBA = unproven.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rep for you. Les hasn't learn't anything,and Morey shouldn't do this either.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Roll the dice = Dwight Howard on the Houston Rockets
    Don't roll the dice = 4th straight mediocre season and 3 rookies on Vipers

It's enough. Clutchfans have been calling for Morey's head because they don't like the fact that we've been stuck in a stage of mediocrity for three years now. We FINALLY have a chance, while slim, to acquire the best center since Shaquille O'Neal. Howard is a 3 time defensive player of the year, A+ Rebounder, A+ Defender, A+ Shot Blocker, A+ Overall player.

Donatas Motiejunas is an intriguing prospect. He's only 21 years old and has room to improve, but he isn't, and will never be a franchise player. It's about time we shake things up on this team. The LAST thing we need is 3 solid players crammed into an already crowded roster. We have a chance to make a deep playoff run with Dwight Howard. And who knows? Maybe it'll be enough to convince Deron Williams to come here. Maybe we make another acquisition at the trading deadline.

We're going nowhere as currently instructed. We're going nowhere with Donatas Motiejunas. We're going nowhere with 3 mid-first rounders. We have a direction if Dwight Howard is on this team, whether he stays or bolts to Brooklyn. It's a risk we have to take.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So it wouldn't be enough to get the 5th pick in one of the most hyped drafts in recent memory for this 20th pick Motiejunas guy who hasn't stepped foot on an NBA court, you would also require COUSINS as well, and EVEN THEN, you 'still wouldn't love it or anything'? Am I reading this correctly?

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Man, Petrie is being tough, he usually cooperates with us. :(

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is the deal. Donatus Montajunas might be int he way of a Dwight Howard deal or a top 5 pick. You send him packing. Thats all there is to it. If he is the only thing in the way? In both scenarios and I dont even want Dwight Howard. I know Donatus Montajunas shouldnt be in your way of either scenario. He may come back to haunt you but thats the chance you take in our situation.

9. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And for those saying D-Mo is a top 10 talent this year - what leads you to believe that a guy who went 20 in a pretty mediocre draft class has raised his stock so much in a single year that he is now top 10 in a loaded draft class? I'm pretty sure it's just that you guys have been following him for the first time and your opinion of him has increased.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Howard's grade for winning NBA Championships-F

12. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

yeah, I thought the Kings were our friends

13. cml750

cml750 Member

You forgot one more role of the dice = Dwight's back problem

I have had two back surgeries for ruptured disc and can tell you from experience he will never be quite the same. He may be an A+ player again.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

15. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

bro we arent winning the title next season even with dwight so why handicap the future?

17. joesr

joesr Member

That sucks.

Dragic
    Evans
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Drummond

6th man rotation Lee and PJIII!

Growing young team right there, ready next year!

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

How do you know? It's not entirely impossible to land Dwight and Deron for a season. We'd still have (presumably) Chandler Parsons, Courtney Lee, and Marcus Camby along with a couple other guys.

Even if we don't and we lose Dwight in Free Agency next year, there's always the possibility of a S&T which can bring back some value. We can explore options at the trading deadline, and if all else fails we can start the real rebuilding process and land top 5 picks instead of 14th picks. Standing pat and bringing in 3 more decent players is the worst thing this franchise can do.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There are so many different outcomes from a herniated disc...you cant compare one person to the next.

I can guarantee you that the Rockets would not mention Dwights name if there was any reason to believe he wouldnt play at the same level he's played up to this point.

20. catwink21

catwink21 Member

NO WAYYY!!!!!