1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings Buyout Jimmer Fredette

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Feb 25, 2014.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ement-with-jimmer-fredette-144412476-nba.html

The Sacramento Kings and guard Jimmer Fredette are finalizing a buyout agreement on his contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Fredette, the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft, will be a free agent should he clear NBA waivers.

The Kings tried to move Fredette before Thursday's trade deadline, but were unable to find a destination for him. Fredette had been one of college basketball's most prolific scorers at BYU – scoring 2,599 points in his career – and earning consensus honors as college basketball's player of the year in 2011.

Nevertheless, he has struggled to find his niche with the Kings. Still, there are expected to be several teams with interest in signing him for the rest of the season, league sources said.

Fredette, 25, has averaged 5.9 points per game for the Kings this season – and seven in his three-year NBA career.

Before the season, the Kings passed on picking up the 2014-15 option on Fredette's contract, almost assuring that he'd be elsewhere next season.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bye Linsanity

Hello Jimmermania

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

I hope No one makes a "Jimmer Fredette Anyone?" thread in the Garm.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I wish him well, he is the classic case of drafted by the wrong team, he would flourish for the remainder of the season if he went to the lakers, I doubt he is really that interested in riding the bench for a title contender, he wants to get a second contracts hat isn't a vet min

5. Play07

Play07 Member

knicks catch a break

6. Voice of Aus

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That's where he wanted to be drafted. I think he goes there as well.

8. FeaR

FeaR Member

9. Fefo

Fefo Member

i think the spurs could use him. in the right system he could be a decent rotation guy

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We're one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the NBA:confused:

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

We could seriously use this guy. We just traded away our best 3 point shooter statistically speaking. Troy Daniels isn't coming up any time soon and Canaan isn't going to get much playing time anyways. McHale doesn't like rookie players. He would be a great option to have off the bench. I know most people look at him as a 1 but he can play the 2 for sure. We need a backup for Harden, Hamilton can do it but he is more suited for the 3.

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

And Fredette with his atrocious defense and his high percentage 3 point shooting will add what 1 three more.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

14. CertifiedTroll

Would love to have him in RGV.

15. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I think he is a better fit at 2 then 1, best of luck to him.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He plays like a washed up Mike Bibby.

Might as well follow in washed up Bibby's footsteps and try to w**** yourself out to Miami.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Miami has a roster spot open. They always need 3-pt shooters. This guy could be their new Mike Miller. Makes sense to me.

18. FeaR

FeaR Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Knicks haven't ruled out Jimmer Fredette, league sources tells Yahoo, but organization's focus with two available roster spots: Defense.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/438364128634486784">February 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hilarious:grin: defense - Knicks

19. Voice of Aus

He would play even less minutes for the heat than what he was at the kings

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Now I'm convinced that the Knicks will sign him.

But at least he'll be on a winner. I'd take that unless given guaranteed minutes somewhere else to improve my value.