1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kimbo Slice VS. Ken Shamrock!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Asian Sensation, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Asian Sensation

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3553315&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1

Kimbo vs Shamrock OCT 6th. Shamrock has lost his last 5 fights and he's a decade older than Slice and some may think he's washed up. Yet, the guy is a legend and he's in the UFC hall of fame and his experience may overwhelm Slice. This should be an exciting fight based on the big names alone.

If Shamrock wins it's going to be via submission. If Slice wins it's going to be via knockout punch.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why is he always fighting the older guys of UFC?

3. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

You are Right about this... I really don't think it will be exciting to see Shamrock get beat miserably. This obviously is for higher ratings, have you noticed most of the guys Kimbo has gone against are either not great or old. Why not face him up against someone who can hang. Not to diss Shamrock, but its not fair, I am sure the only reason Shamrock accepted is because there are two things he loves...

1.) The Sport
    2.) The Money

That is like disguising poison in a fresh leg of Turkey and showing it to an old dog. Its not fair... And based on Food he doesn't care what he has to do to get what satisfies him.

Maybe I am getting to critical as far as the match but thats just my POV.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Because he's not actually good?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lil Pun, you love asking questions.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

lmao, this metaphor is so random

7. Asian Sensation

lol I wasn't going to say anything but that is random indeed. Poison, fresh turkey legs and an old dog. Where'd you grow up x3?

8. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

Come on Guys I just finished watching that "Sarah McLachlan Save a Dog Commercial" what do you expect?

By the way I was born in the lovely city of Houston!!! Go Rockets :D

9. tstew

tstew Member

Every time I see Kimbo take one of these kinds of fights, it doubles my respect for Brock Lesnar.

10. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I think it's funny because Shamrock should beat Kimbo easily.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Brock Lesnar would beat the S*** out of Kimbo Slice

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm inquisitive. ;)

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think Shamrock still got it. He was doing MMA when it was boring as hell (early years). And to see him still try to get in the ring is a sight to see.

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I hope he kicks Kimbo's ass. He could easily win if he finished the fight quickly. I wouldn't trust his stamina, but then again Kimbo's is terrible.

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think it's relevant, not random.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Damn, it didn't take long for the Kimbo hating to begin.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

horrible match up...kimbo should beat him easily. shamrock has fallen off a cliff. i guess this pretty much solidifies my thinking that kimbo wasn't ready/didn't have a chance against brett rogers. i wish that fight would have been signed because it would have certainly been a great test for kimbo. i'm pretty disappointed he isn't progressing with the level of competition he is facing.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not really (and I think Kimbo is trash). Shamrock is shot. If he takes the fight to the ground then I see a rather easy finish by a heel lock, but Ken's pride will make him stand up and trade. Another weak Elite card. Nice that Noons pussed out of a rematch with Diaz too

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Shamrock may be shot....but if he stears clear of Kimbo's haymakers long enough, Kimbo will get winded, and then Shamrock's submission game will take over.

Shamrock should win this fight...but with Kimbo's punching power, you just never know.

20. Bono

Bono Contributing Member

it's a fake fight. Elite is paying Shamrock to take a loss to Slice so it gives false credibility to Slice.