1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kimbo at it again

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JamesC, Jan 9, 2007.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

Didnt see this one posted

[​IMG]

Somebody get this man some real competition.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nice! I love Kimbo videos. But in this one it looked like two drunks fighting.

Just give the man his damn bread!

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Are you serious?! Sean Gannon beat the trash out of Kimbo in their fight.
    </param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N3omgcuwrso" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Gannon signed with UFC and promptly got his ass beat.

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

I've seen that fight before. It was actually a good fight even though the sides couldnt seem to agree on the rules. All his other fights have been against regular people off the street.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I saw that before and a discussion on some forum too. Then there was an official statement by Gannon stating that both sides signed rules agreements but the Kimbo side didn't understand the fighting terms, basically calling them cheating idiots in a respectful way. I then read that Kimbo signed with some training team or something. I'm no follower of MMA or anything but I'm catching on somewhat.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

If he needs some real competition why doesn't he step into the boxing ring to take on some professional boxers or do martial arts? Why doesn't he try out for Pride or UFC? Sure its easy to look tough and good when you're strong and have some training and are taking on brawlers (many of whom are lard asses) off the street but its another matter to be taking on people who are also trained.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I could beat up Kimbo.

8. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I think the reason is that he knows he would get his ass kicked if he stepped in against anyone in MMA. But he can keep making these videos against guys off the street and look good kicking their ass.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Some people like seeing brawls and mismatches. That is why Tyson was probably the most popular heavyweight boxer of all time. He would just demolish overmatched opponents.