1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kids these days are idiots] Another racist frat boy caught in the act

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This is absurd.

Racism is racism.

So if a white person has been a victim of a violent crime by a black person, is their racism not as bad?

What about biracial children? Do they get to be racist but not as much as a black child? How about women, they have historically been oppressed, is it okay for them to dislike men? Is it more easily excused?

What about Native Americans, can they have racism against everyone in America?

What about Jews, is it okay for them to hate someone that was by birth a Bavarian German that had nothing to do with the Holocaust?

So it is more excusable for someone from the South to hate the North? Afterall, after the Civil War the South was oppressed.

It is a slippery slope...... It isn't right, period. People have the right to be racist, sexist, classist etc... and I think what people do in private or feel in their heart is their right.... but to quantify racism on a macro level? NO.

1 person likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you are missing something. I said that no racism was good or okay. Not coming from any group. If someone commits a crime regardless of what race they are they deserve to be held accountable.

Again it isn't good for there to be racism from any group.

But it is true that racism from one particular group did all of the bad things to the Native Americans, African Americans etc. And racism from a group that has been and is to this day discriminated against is different from a group that believes they are superior. Neither case of racism is okay or excusable.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Well then that's not racism... It's more like resentment. Because anyone of any color would have a problem with that. Especially if they are STILL dealing with injustices in this country TODAY... For people to think black folks only gripe is from the civil war era or whatever is ridiculous and that may show their racism by turning a blind eye to what's going on today.

Well... Be the someone that gives two ****s about it and say something. I mean something besides no one giving two ****s about it.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Simple to understand in theory, but Martian Trigonometry realistically.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

double post

#45 krnxsnoopy, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. krnxsnoopy

Sounds like a BOF, clutchfans terminology.

Amazing the irony is that, those who demand the most sympathy, also refuse to empathize with others.

They want to push for more discussion and conversation on a important issue, but their close-mindedness is a fundamental problem of communication. That's why it goes no where.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

The kid was racist towards more than just the black race in the email so why is it only a "white vs black" conversation.

8. krnxsnoopy

BOFs only focus on "white vs black"

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If that resentment is applied to all people of a race instead of those particular people guilty of something then it is absolutely racism.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, all racism is wrong. There is damage done from all sorts of racism not just against blacks. When the Rodney King riots happened the Police didn't protect Korea Town. The police lined up and surrounded Beverly Hills even though that isn't from where the threat was coming. Sadly the Korean community had only a few activists who complained about it.

The examples of discrimination against Jewish people is long and horrific as well including turning away refugees who were trying to escape Nazi Germany.

There are places in the nation where Native Americans are still largely discriminated against,

But there is racism from many groups and none of it is good.

11. marky :)

I may be throwing this thread off topic but the discussion of this thread turned straight into a white vs black racism thread when he clearly said derogatory terms towards Indians and Asians as well. Maybe it's due to Asians and Indians not saying something about it in this thread but that seems to be how it is in general. Someone says a racist remark towards blacks, asians, hispanics, or indians but the main focus turns into white vs black.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It this way because of history. It's not too hard to understand...

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Right. I think there might be a number of reasons some of them on which you have already commented.

Some of the culture with certain minority groups is just to work hard and keep to themselves hoping they will get along by being hard workers. Other groups have learned to speak out when they are slandered.

Another reason might be the long and particular history in this nation of whites oppressing blacks.

I don't know for sure.

14. marky :)

All races have been victims of racism throughout history. You're point?

15. marky :)

Your*

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

My point is that it shouldn't be surprising in the least that a racism discussion in this country focuses on white vs. black.

17. marky :)

Agreed. I reread what I originally put and I should of said I'm more irritated that the conversation always turns into that rather than making it seemed I'm surprised about it.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not all races have been victims of state sponsored racism that theoretically ended 47 years ago.

19. dback816

dback816 Member

Exactly, which is why we need to play favoritism and pay back those folks' descendants at the expense of other groups.....

1 person likes this.
  20. Remii

Remii Member

You did see where I said people turning a blind eye to the actions committed by those of their race.

And it's much more alarming when white folks make racist statements because a majority of the hate crimes that have been committed in this country have been by white folks. Now if you had an abundance of dark skinned people who were committing those same hate crimes or injustices you would make a better argument.