1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kids Night Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What a great game that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Last few minutes of the game and the post-game was a clinic in unsportsmanlike like conduct.

Ensign Beverly: The Warriors were taking a pounding the entire game but no one on the Rockets that was actually laying down the hammer the entire game said or did anything.

Enter rookie. Backup of backup of backup point guard. Beverly drives and dunks while the Warriors were covering the three point line and leaving the driving lanes open. Instead of turning around and getting back on defense, this garbage time warrior stares down the entire Warriors bench while they are down around 30 points. What an utterly disgraceful move. As a Rockets fan I was so ashamed when this happened. Do not confuse toughness with classlessness.

Kevin McHale: A few years back, Snyder dunked on the Rockets. The Rockets were down and out of the game. He then proceeded to the Rockets bench and started barking at them. Jerry Sloan immediately yanked Snyder out of the game, let him have an earful, and then apologized to Gundy. This is what McHale should have done and what I wished he had done with Beverly.

Mark Jackson: ...is an idiot. If you dont believe me, just go back and listen to him while he worked on ESPN. Anyways...so the Rockets crowd is begging for one more three pointer for the record (classless BUT I guarantee you EVERY crowd in every city would do the same). Mark Jackson, like a whiny little b**** he is, instructs his players to make sure the Rockets dont get a three pointer up the rest of the game. He tells his players to foul the Rockets as soon as they get the ball. In doing so, he is actually running up the score. Yeah!! Way to go Mark!! You sure showed everyone. Thanks for allowing the Rockets to reach the 140 mark!! *laugh*

I actually didnt have a problem with Green's flagrant foul on Beverly. That was a message sent for his staredown of the Warriors bench. I would have been perfectly fine with this (assuming mark Jackson told his players to do this). But to get in a "Oh NOES You wont get a three pointer" match with the crowd and then staring down the Rockets bench after fouling the Rockets as soon as they get the ball.....

...Mama there goes that Kid again!

Chandler Parsons, Bogut, Patrick Patterson and anyone else on either team who tweets: uhh..this isnt middle school anymore. It was just one REGULAR SEASON game between two teams on the bottom of the table in the Western Conference. Just walk away and move on to the next game. How about keepin' it real?

PS. Bogut.... just pray that you are not Back In The Chair Heating it up with yet another injury by the time the Rockets C U Next Tuesday.

#1 Zboy, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Very well said, I felt exactly same, we should not taunt them with huge margin in our hand

Very well said, I felt exactly same, we should not taunt them with that big margin in hand, they are not Utah :)

3. Jovial

Jovial Member

Jerry Sloan seems nice. Why did so many Rox fans say "hell no" to him in another thread?

Rox fans hate Utah too much.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jerry Sloan was a cheating scumbag. But he showed class in that instance and I gave him credit for it.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I didn't see anything wrong with the dunk/stare down.. It wasn't classless nor immature. That's just the type of player he is. Besides no one is going to care about this.. The only team that will care is probably the Warriors and that's because they got whooped. Why do people try to make a big thing about everything? I'm searching for the dunk on youtube and can't find it. It's not on any of the highlights or recaps either. I bet it's because it's insignificant.

The game was fun though. Had a lot of fun tonight.

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Lol I seriously thought this was going to be another Rockets promotion.. Omer Asik taking the kids out after the game haha

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Gregg Popovich said, "WE NEED SOME NASTY!!!" Jerry Sloan said, "WE NEED A CHAMPIONSHIP!" See the difference?

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I watched the whole "staredown" incident again and this is being blown out of proportion.

9. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Who cares. We won! This team needs some attitude and I am happy to see that. No one wants to watch a team that shows no emotion on the court.