1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kidd Kraddick

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I know this isn't totally Houston related(although he did have his show syndicated in Houston last year) but the host of the Kidd Kraddick in the morning show out of Dallas has apparently died.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Kidd-Kraddick-217263631.html

There are some CFers in Dallas and maybe like me listened(and still listen online) to the Kidd Kraddick in the morning radio show. The guy was a brilliant morning show host imo and did A TON charity wise. He died at a charity golf tournament for his Kidds kids charity.

I've lived in my fair share of cities in this country and overseas and outside of the 1310 The Ticket sports radio station, Kidd Kraddicks show was the best thing about Dallas. (The fact that they broadcast the show from there).
    The show was probably the best morning show I've listened to(I know there are other decent ones and more highly rated ones- John Jay and Rich, Rickey Smiley, etc).

I guess most won't care so- Cool story bro thread.

For those that care, it's just really sad news.

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Wow, I listened to this guy since I was 11 years old.

I use to love his segments, "burn your buns."

3. ferrari77

Dang man. I've read people on his Facebook page comment about how they listened to him from Elementary School to High Scool, College and now the working world.

For those that listened to him, man, it feels like losing a close friend. The way people feel when certain celebrities die, this is it. I get it but this is feels bad cos it's someone you listen to 5 days a week.

And the dude was just so charitable. The Kidd's Kids trip to Disneyworld where he chartered a Southwest Airlines flight for terminally ill children and their families to go have a relaxing time at Disneyworld. The Kissmas/Christmas wishes thing he did. Just touched a lot of people that listened to his show.

4. ferrari77

Some tweets from tonight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RIPKiddKraddick&amp;src=hash">#RIPKiddKraddick</a>.. Grew up with you always on my radio.. Had the pleasure of meeting you back when I was 9 at a showcase where even way back</p>&mdash; demetria lovato (@ddlovato) <a href="https://twitter.com/ddlovato/statuses/361340066221662208">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Oh man, I just heard Kidd Kraddick died! He's my childhood dj. What a sad day. His poor family. He was always nice 2 me from the beginning.</p>&mdash; Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kelly_clarkson/statuses/361332955890712578">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RIP <a href="https://twitter.com/KiddKraddick">@kiddkraddick</a>, a man of great talent and good deeds for sick children. The world will miss him. Prayers to family and fans <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23kidd&amp;src=hash">#kidd</a></p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/statuses/361345946371637249">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My wife grew up listening to him and was pretty upset when I told her. Bummer.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Right now the word is that it was a Brain Aneurysm.

Dude was good man, did a lot of good things. RIP.

T_Man

7. ferrari77

Southwest Airlines put this pic up on their Twitter page

[​IMG]

8. ferrari77

Man it's crazy how many people in Dallas and San Antonio but in many different cities grew up listening to his show.

I think one thing I've noticed is that the celebrities and major/important people that knew him are all saying the same thing as the normal folks that never ever met him but just listened to him on the radio. For those that listened on the radio he seemed like a hilarious yet truly caring guy and for those that met him, they all seem to confirm that.

9. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Any word on cause of death??

10. ferrari77

Word is he had a Brain Aneurysm. Guess we'll find out more in next couple of days.

11. moose

moose Member

RIP

I was never an active listener, but I did happen to be watching his telecast last night while I was on the treadmill at the gym. I was stunned when I heard this morning.

12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rCWH2MmlHQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A friend texted me about this last night, and it was a complete shock. The guy is in his early 50's but acts like a 20-30 year old. When I first moved to the DFW area, his show was my drive-to-work show in the mornings, and I listened to it for years. The only reasons I stopped listening is there's only so much Kellie Rasberry you can put up with to start a day and I got XM and completely gave up on FM radio. He seemed like a cool guy, but more importantly, he seemed like an awesome dad and husband. He did so much work for kids, which made him even more impressive. The guy had a massive following since he's been a fixture in Dallas for so long - kids grew up and have kids that listen to his show. It's a terrible loss that goes beyond the loss of just a popular DJ.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

A lot of my friends in high school in dfw use to listen to him. I did a couple times, but he is a legend in dfw.

15. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

What did they do on the show this morning?

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I heard they were just reminiscing about him.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I didn't listen to them very much but I was in shock when I heard he'd died. Listened to a bit of the broadcast this morning, heartbreaking stuff.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've never cared for his show, but my wife was a listener (when she was actually awake in the morning).

What a freak way to die.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

RIP Mr. Kraddick.

Is this real? Did he actually say this on his last show? If he did say this on his last show it makes you wonder
    if he knew of his impending death if not then this is very eerie stuff.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't think it was from his last show, but my wife said they were talking about what you would want to say if you knew you were about to die (this past week).