1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kid Pitches Too Good, Forced to Quit and Team Forced to Disband

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Lil Pun, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The kid and his family should be deported for making Americans look bad.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I thought it might be something like this. Because it made too much sense that he could've just moved up to tougher competition, rather than the league just kicking him out.

Anyway, what I really find sad is how much emphasis is placed on winning some little league. My god, is there nothing better for parents to do these days?

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Then the same should be done to George Bush. :p

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I did...and the article seems to lean heavily towards the side of the leauge, just like other articles leaned just as heavily in the other direction.

There seems to be two sides to this issue and both are more than likely wrong and right in some of their arguments. I have seen kids play in the YMCA leagues that probably don't have any business being there..but for whatever reason they are there...does that mean you should quit or disband the team and ban the kid. No. You play on and keep pressuring his parents to join a league that is more equal to his skills. The parents, likewise, should keep their sons' best interests in mind and put him in a league that offers better challenges for him, or he won't ever improve.

Or both sides should stop thinking about winning and just have fun in playing the game.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

(Edit) I have to retract my earlier statements now, after the full story has come out.

Now it looks like the parents are clearly using ringers to help their entry level team win.

That is also unacceptable. You need to train em up....coach em boys.

My soccer team with the same players has gone from 5-5, to 7-3, to 9-1, and this year......a new day dawns.....next Saturday.

DD

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But this kid is playing in the two leagues - a Pony league and a Little League. He should play in one or the other.

Also, when I was in Little League, you couldn't pitch if you were at the top end of the age limit. By the rules I played under, since he turned 10 during this season, he would not have been able to pitch in our 8-10 year old league.