1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kick Ass 2 Red Band Trailer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by oomp, Mar 13, 2013.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

NSFW

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:887615/cp~id%3D1703507%26vid%3D887615%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A887615" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More:
    <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1703552/kick-ass-2-red-band-trailer-premiere.jhtml

Four years ago, a comic book movie hit theaters and redefined the term "Kick-Ass." Now the same crew that brought you the irreverent, ultra-violent comic book adaptation is back for around round of bloody fun.

MTV News has your exclusive (and NSFW) first look at "Kick-Ass 2," which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the titular hero, Chloƫ Grace Moretz as the foul-mouthed Hit-Girl, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse as "The Mother F---er."

As explained in the preview, "Kick-Ass 2" picks up not too long after the events of the original film. More heroes, inspired by the actions of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl, have taken up the cause of fighting evil in the city. Among the new masked vigilantes is Colonel Stars and Stripes, played by a hard-to-recognize Jim Carrey.

Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl will need all the help they can get, because a foe from the first film, Red Mist, is back with an even badder persona, "The Mother F---er," to avenge the death of his father. But this time, he's going to have the help of a brand-new team of super villains.

When MTV News spoke with Moretz at New York Comic-Con last year, she hinted that this Hit-Girl would be a different, more mature girl with some serious questions to ask. "The character has completely progressed," she said. "She's now 15 or 16, figuring out who she is. Is Hit-Girl the mask? Is Mindy McCready the mask? That's the cool tug of war between the two minds."

Check out everything we've on "Kick-Ass 2," which hits theaters on August 16.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

The video required a birth date verification. I put in the wrong year and now I can't watch it.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure how good this movie will be, but "Yeah, there's a dog on your balls!" will get me into the theater just to see Jim Carrey's character. Hopefully it's as bat**** insane as the first movie, which I unapologetically love.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Here ya go:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iI4kw2aFUJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Looks great, can't wait!

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Loved the first, can't wait. Too bad nic cage won't be back

7. TheresTheDagger

No Bid Daddy?!?!?!

Oh well, I'll still watch it.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Glad they're keeping a big part of the action on Hit-Girl, because she's the best.

I have a hard time taking McLovin seriously when he tries to be anything but a nerd.

And really, a movie without nic cage is better by him not even being in it.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Here for Jim Carrey.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can't wait and for people hating on cage; I thought he was awesome in the first movie.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's an easy target. But he was good in the first one. I still think he could have survived and made an appearance in the second, albeit, on a limited basis

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He seemed pretty dead to me. :)

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was only medium well...not well done

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kick Ass was absolutely hilarious. This trailer looks to be more of the same, which is definitely a good thing.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

The twist will be that Jim Carrey is actually Nic Cage with a Jim Carrey face transplant...since his old one burned off...this is actually Face/Off 2: The Beginning.

17. 713

713 Member

SPOILEREJNKSDLFMKSDKJFNSLFDF

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No reason to spoiler since it's not the case. The comic has been out for over a year.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought the first one was pretty cheesy.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

looks great, loved how the first trailer is a red band, great move there

was a bit disappointed that it got delayed from 6/28 to 8/16, but at the same time, spaces out the anticipation of all the summer movies.

all we need now is a The Wolverine and R.I.P.D trailer, and I'm set for the summer

#20 Dave2000, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013