1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Khris Middleton ( Any Aggie Fans in here can describe his game for me)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ObamaFan, May 29, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

here is his profile

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/khris-middleton

Khris Middleton

NBA Comparison: Gordon Hayward

Strengths: Middleton is a late blooming prospect with solid size for a SF at 6’7 210, and he’s still growing into his body…Silky smooth operator on offense, and can score effectively at all 3 levels…Has a sweet jump shot…Soft touch, and is consistent out to about 22 feet and shows raw NBA range…Able to make shots off screens, spotting up or off the dribble…Functional in the triple threat…Likes to operate in the mid-range area, most comfortable from 15-18 feet, and utilizes a nice pull-up game and an interesting blend of runners in his arsenal…Middleton can stick the 3 ball with his feet set, and he has the release speed and form to get his shot off against contests effectively…Plays the game at his own pace, and has a very unique and unorthodox style of play…Very unselfish and won’t go outside of the offense to get his own shots or production very often, which will benefit his eventual transition to the pros…Doesn’t need to dominate the ball at all to make his presence felt on the court…Nice passing skills…Will contribute some on the glass…Appears to be very coachable, and he still has upside remaining as he get stronger and fills out his frame…

Weaknesses: Has had a lot of work to do to come close to regaining the momentum he had before the season as a prospect…Had an ankle injury that nagged him all of his Jr. season was never 100% and comfortable under the new Texas A&M coaching staff… Didn’t really show any signs of improvement in any aspects of his game…Middleton right now needs to work on getting stronger to maximize his athleticism and ability to withstand tough defense…There are times when he can get pushed around on both ends by physical play…Middleton also would be well-served to continue to work on his ball-handling some more, were he’s currently mediocre…He does sporadically make moves with the ball that show his potential, but he’s not consistent with it yet and he’s not a guy who operates all that effectively in pure isolation sets…Doesn’t handle double-teams or extra defensive attention all that well…Can struggle to finish around the rim at times due to a lack of explosiveness and strength...Could stand to get more aggressive and play with more urgency…Middleton is a middle-of-the-road defensive player, and he can struggle with on-ball defense at times…A bit upright in his stance and middling lateral quickness…

Overall: Middleton’s late blooming status and promising Soph. season making him a prospect worth keeping an eye on…His lackluster Jr. season, despite injury, has dropped his stock from a possible lottery selection to a 2nd rounder… He’s a good shooter with a smooth, unselfish floor game and the tools that project well to the next level as a complementary piece…He isn’t the best defender, but as he grows into his body he can be an even better player and prospect, as it looks like he hasn’t peaked physically or athletically yet…Still has upside as a prospect and could be a big value pick for a team

Should we take a chance on this kid, or go with Will Barton in the 2nd round

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I wish I could tell you something but....nothing here. :eek:

Middle to late 2 pick or UDFA? Sure, why not.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He's long and athletic, but not skilled enough. Think Kevin Durant super lite, like Kevin Durant rec league.

4. willieg52

willieg52 Member

Will Barton fosho!

5. jvu

jvu Member

Long lean and athletic small forward. All around game is average to above average in comparison w/ other college players (3pt, handle, hands, midrange, layup, etc) Potentially a bench/ role player at most. Was a lottery pick prior to his senior year. However, injuries derailed him and also adjusting to a new coach/system for his senior year. He was a star on the team his junior year and was able to takeover games in the clutch.

1 person likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

He had flashes of "being on Kevin Durant's level" last year, but he didn't do much of anything this year, even though injuries abounded.

If Middleton was completely healthy, I'm sure he'd be a really good player. Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, Middleton's injuries will cost him the first round.

Mid to late second round would be my guess, if he even gets drafted at all.

7. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

I've seen a lot of his games being an Aggie fan. I don't want him on the Rockets. Khris Middleton is a lazy player that has an attention span of 3 seconds or less on defense. He consistently loses his man. On offense he has some shooting skill when wide open. He can't create his own shot, has bad handles (therefore can't play small forward) and loses focus and vanishes in most games for long periods of time. He also pulled a Scottie Pippen when A&M got a new head coach this last season. His injury did not cause him give up, that cam from within. I don't want to sound too harsh - I wish the guy well, but he has Kelvin Cato written all over him - for you younger guys, Cato was skilled but the laziest player in the NBA, signed a big contract and then opened a huge can of quit.

2/10 WND.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jamers

Jamers Member

is he related to kate middleton?

9. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I agree with DanTanna. KM played soft, lazy, when he was on the floor (hurt). He rarely took the late game shots, and never took them if the game was on the line. He has so much talent, and potential, but the staff at A&M rarely pulled it out of him.
    I am a fan, but he was frustrating to watch.

1 person likes this.