1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Khloe Kardashian's pre-nuptial demands from Lamar Odom finalise marriage deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by {icebox425}, Oct 20, 2009.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I concur. I'm incredulous.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

What exactly is he getting out of this deal? Like Lil Pun said, I'm not buying it.

3. VanityHalfBlack

If I can afford all that, I wouldn't get married in the first place...

4. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

A warm body.

I don't know if it's true, but I've seen the same thing on at least 3 different websites.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

actually i do think this provided a few things

a) i can buy a house in full after uncle sam gets his share in taxes or finishing paying for the house real soon (within 5 years)

b) be able to keep my current wage every year till I retire.

At least for me my biggest expense is housing so if that is taking out I can lead a decent lifestyle. Of course I wont be rolling in bentleys like Odom but I think most normal people make more rational decisions if they come into a lump sum of money.

Odom aint normal...thats a pre-nup? that sounds like he is still giving up a lot if there is a divorce.

Now I pray to god there is something where all that only occurs if HE initiates the divorce because if she after 1-2 years ago I want a divorce she is still living all right while she moves onto to the next flavor of the month celeb

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Guys like like elliot spitzer are smart. Much rather shall out 4 grand a night than what khloe is demanding.

7. DAZEFROMDAHAZE2

:eek: WOW THATS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A PUUSSY THATS BEEN USED AND ABUSED...SHE AINT WORTH A RAW DIME

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

So, in other words, if you win a million dollars, you could continue living exactly like you do if you didn't win a million dollars...shocking.... :D

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

No, I'm one of those guys that says $100 million - $20 million = $80 million - relatively lavish lifestyle of candy splurging = not broke. Don't feel threatened every time someone with more money than you makes poor decisions.

She might be unaesthetic and a gold digger, but Odom doesn't see that. He sees happiness at the moment, and that's priceless for him given his rough past.

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I'm always surprised at the things included in prenup or divorce agreements.

At $300K/y + the lump sum, shouldn't she be buying (Leasing!) her own vehicle, and paying for Laker tix for her family?

I'm assuming he's had legal advice on this, so possibly it's not too bad a deal given his earnings. Per Ronny's numbers, if it falls apart in 4 years, he would have earned $36m (or $27m)(plus whatever he earns from endorsements, or his investments from his rookie and $60m deal) and he'd owe $2m + $300K/y. I have no idea what's 'normal' in those circles but that doesn't sound too ugly.

And I liked the third line of the article: "Khloe, who enjoyed a brief stint in prison last year," Sort of like, Fatty, who sidelined as a country singer.....

11. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

wow, why the hate. Men have been paying for trophy tramps since the beginning of time

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even though I wouldn't be surprised that Odom would get duped, this is just too obvious a con scheme to be true.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

she's a trophy?

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't really agree with the basic premise of your argument, saying that the pre-nup isn't a bad idea on his part, despite his wealth.....BUT, this is an incredibly valid point which I feel outweighs everything else. The guy is happy, and he's willing to sacrifice his material gains to ensure that that happiness continues. I don't really think we have a right to judge him.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Access to Kim? That’s the only good thing about this arrangement I can see.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Based on his current earnings, it doesn't sound ugly. But NBA players need live off of this money for the rest of their life. And what would Odom get on the market after this contract? Maybe $10-15 million for the rest of his career? And that's assuming he doesn't get injured, which is unlikely given his injury history.

Unless he's saved up a ton of money up to this point and that money is making quite a bit for him, there's no way he can afford these payments after his career's over.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Oh Ronny, how naive. $80 million in the NBA/celeb world is nothing if you know the kind of lavish and excessive lifestyles these people usually have, not to mention the greedy and conniving agents and money managers these rich but clueless people hire to look out for their 'best interests'.

There have been NBA players who've made a lot more than Odom yet are bankrupt all the same.

18. Convictedstupid

Why....? Is she really THAT good in the sack?

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I know about the pitfalls professional athletes have. I just don't assume he's going to follow a completely self destructive path because he does "questionable" things with his money that infuriates peasants (in comparison).

20. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

When I re-think this deal, maybe it's not that bad for Lamar. I don't know how California divorce law, but if this were a deal that is the exclusive settlement that Kloe got, it's a good deal for Lamar. However, if she would get this money PLUS a regular divorce settlement, it's terrible.

Think about it, if it's the exclusive divorce settlement and they get divorced after five years, Odom owes her nothing but $2.5 million + house. Depending on the house, it could be a cheaper deal than going through standard divorce proceedings. Look at what Paul McCartney had to give up in a divorce that was much shorter than five years.