1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Khizr Khan speech at DNC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. underoverup

underoverup Member

Huh... :confused:

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'm confused what you are proving. Attack the message, not the messenger.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the logic is that because Khan's law firm specializes in helping wealthy Muslims migrate to the U.S. that Trump should be forgiven for attacking a Gold Star family and insinuating a grieving mother was silent due to her religion?

This. This is among the worse of our politics. This is team politics. This is horserace, scoreboard politics. Party over country.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Stop changing the subject. Mr. Khan had ulterior motive. You know it, I know it. Not apologize to me or at least admit you were wrong.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. That Mr. Khan, an immigration lawyer who is Pakistani-American, does EB5 work and has many clients from Muslim countries is no sign of jihadist or even Islamist sympathies. It's a sign that he is making a rational business decision.

I live in part of Los Angeles county that has a large Asian population. There are plenty of Chinese American immigration lawyers here working on EB5 Visa. It is useful for them to pursue this business market because being able to speak Chinese is an advantage for doing this work. Quite a few shopping centers around here have banners in Chinese advertising the center as an EB5 investment opportunity. It is not some sort of Chinese takeover plot by way of strip malls, but simply reflect the fact that a number of well-to-do people in China would love to live in the U.S.

Mr. Khan most likely is in a similar line of work. His clients are people who bring money to invest in U.S. businesses of varying sizes. Jihadists don't come here on EB5 Visas-- there are far cheaper ways of entering the U.S.

2. Even if Mr. Khan had business motivation for making the speech. The way that Trump reacted to it is still irrational and impulsive. Any rational person can see a **** storm that his comment would cause, except Trump. This disqualifies him for the Presidency.

3. Anyway, there was a poll done on this situation: 51% side with the Khans while 33% side with Trump. The way it's gonna play out is that 33% or whatever minority of hard core Trump people will buy the stupid Khan conspiracy theory while the majority of us won't. Anyway you cut it, this isn't gonna end well for Trump.

#487 Carl Herrera, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. JeffB

Supporting Member

Wrong about what? My outrage has been consistent in this. I cannot tolerate a demagogue who is a national embarrassment to my country.

Every comment I have made in this thread centers on Trump attacking this family and not showing empathy for the death of their son. Even if the father was found to be a Columbian drug mule would not the fact that Trump attacked a Gold Star family change.

That you are taking the tack that poising the well somehow absolves Trump of his inane comments is exactly the kind of politics I have condemned for years on this forum.

It is just more party over country. And you owe the nation an apology for not putting country over party.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

THIS WAS PROPAGANDA HIT PIECE ON TRUMP. NOW THAT KHAN IS GETTING EXPOSED HE WANTS END THE "FEUD". WAKE UP PEOPLE. YOUR COUNTRY IS AT RISK.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So Khan's son isn't dead? It's all a conspiracy? Trump didn't say he sacrificed? Is there LSD in the water?

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... Trump and his henchmen search for some defense to his horribly offensive insult to solidiers who died in battle in defense of our country and their parents that suffered the ultimate sacrifice with the loss of their children, and THIS is what they found?

Trump and his supporters have only made Trump worst. Their desperate efforts to defend Trump is pathetic and even more offensive. I'd ask if they have no shame... but that question is moot since the answer is no... they are truly shameless.

If only more republicans would have any sense f decency and speak out against this embarrassment of their party.

1 person likes this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Since when Democrats cared about Soldier and the constitution? This all a big propaganda. People are no longer buying your bull**** anymore.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Consider that Trump is getting his ass kicked by a random lawyer and his wife. Imagine him trying to spar with all the former lawyers in Congress. Trump couldn't outwit a bag of hammers, and he thinks Putin is gonna be his buddy. . . .

I know I know: Trump tipriders think his money shows he's smart. No, it shows he rips people off without compunction. Don't get fooled again.

Let's see Trump's college transcripts as well as his tax returns. The guy is flat stupid.

14. JeffB

Supporting Member

He comes back to the land of the living:

Christie calls Trump criticism of the Khans 'inappropriate'

In an unusual break with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, Gov. Chris Christie said that Khizr and Ghazala Khan have the “right” to say whatever they want, and that criticism of them is “inappropriate.”

“I didn’t see Mr. Khan’s speech at the DNC but I’ll just say this: I’m a father and I just cannot imagine the pain of losing a child under any circumstances,” Christie said at an afternoon press conference in the Statehouse. “And for Mr. and Mrs. Khan, the pain of losing their son while defending our country is unfathomable, and I think it gives them the right to say whatever they want, whether they’re right or wrong.”
    “We need to honor their sacrifice for our country and we need to honor their son’s sacrifice for our country," Christie said. "And to focus on anything other than that, to me, is missing the point. That’s what we should be doing, and any comments that we’re making publicly or privately should be with that in mind. My view on this is that the Khans have a right to say whatever it is they want regarding the loss of their son and that for all the Gold Star families out there, they have put forward a sacrifice that I cannot fathom as a parent.”

The comments were a departure from Christie’s defense of Trump during his last controversy on this scale, two months ago. After Trump said that an American-born judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t rule fairly in the Trump University lawsuit because “he’s a Mexican,” Christie refused to criticize Trump and said that he knows the nominee is not a racist.

But while Christie — an early and unwavering Trump endorser — defended the Khans, he would not offer an explicit opinion on whether Trump mishandled the exchange.

“I’ll give my advice to him as I always to, personally and privately,” Christie said.
    Asked separately about Trump recently saying that Hillary Clinton is "the devil," Christie said, "Not the devil, no. But unqualified to be president of the United States."

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trump supporters will be more pissed than ever!

Trump's campaign killed by a Muslim.

They'll call it terrorism.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are well and truly off your rocker, junior. Democrats care for our people in the military and they care for the constitution. Far more than pathetic creatures like yourself, who have grabbed Trump's arse and are busy holding on with both hands, come what may. How does the **** storm feel, chump? Keep your eyes and your mouth closed. Plugs in your nose might help, but I'm not sure how you'll breath. I'd wish you luck with that, but you've created your own embarrassing bed. Just lay back and try to enjoy it, OK?

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The Word according to trumph:

[​IMG]

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What gets lost in all of this is how many Muslims across the world got to watch Khan stick it to Donald Trump using American values to defend freedom for Muslims.

It might be one of the best political moments in the fight against ISIS this year.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't know why the Trumpsters are so eager to find some "ulterior motive" on the part of Mr. Khan.

First, for the majority of voters, the specious connections that they assert just sound like nutty conspiracy theory of the 9/11 truther or Obama birther variety.

Second, Mr. and Mrs. Khan are vastly more sympathetic figures overall than Donald Trump or you internet trolls. You are not entering this fight on favorable grounds. Unless there is an actual photo of Mr. Khan literally in bed with the head of ISIS, you are not winning this one.

Third, even if Mr. Khan is proven to have ulterior motives, how does it benefit Trump electorally? Trump still reacted badly to a relatively minor provocation and showed himself to lack both capacity for empathy and self control.

It's like the DNC email leaks: So what if Assange had political motives? The DNC staff still acted badly.

Fourth, every minute that you spend keeping Mr. Khan in the news is one more minute in which Hillary gets a free pass on her own weaknesses. Forget the supposedly "rigged" media, even the Republican office holders are too busy crafting responses to Trump's behavior to attack Hillary's "Pants on Fire" statement about what Comey said about her email practice. There is only so much oxygen, and you are wasting it.

But then I shouldn't be surprised that being a Trumpster pretty much excludes rationality and self-control.