1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Khizr Khan speech at DNC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

*Unfortunately.
    lol at bringing rep up. But since you did that's not impressive at all, even with a constant group of 3-4 people circle jerking it.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

sociopath

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Her son is dead. This is inhuman. <a href="https://t.co/5uTftniMzN">pic.twitter.com/5uTftniMzN</a></p>&mdash; Tim Miller (@Timodc) <a href="https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/759440983234908160">July 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

People see this and will get mad. Honestly I saw and was like WTF? Why would anyone say that? But after thinking for a moment. This is the perfect example of how his campaign has failed. Trying not to dig his way out, but to double down by bashing a family of a dead solider. I don't think Clinton is any better, but she will win because he has already went down that rabbit hole and the only thing he can keep doing is drink more at the Mad Tea Party. Might as well toast for his party that do not back him, but have to back him.

#263 nickb492, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I hope you are right but I know that we have terrorist cells here now with more trying to come over in any fashion they can manage. They are patient. They are determined. The US is the plum above any other nation.

Do any of you who are so confident have kids that force you to think beyond your own lifetime?! You may think I'm paranoid, but I think some here are cavalier and overly confident against a patient determined enemy who value Death as much as Life.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Maybe you should share your intel on the sleeper cells with the FBI.

Unless of course, you're secretly supporting them and purposefully withholding your information. Shame.

6. giddyup

You so funny. HA-HA.

On a serious note: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/politics/james-clapper-isis-syrian-refugees/

"Washington (CNN)Top U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that ISIS was likely to attempt direct attacks on the U.S. in the coming year and that the group was infiltrating refugees escaping from Iraq and Syria to move across borders.

ISIS "will probably attempt to conduct additional attacks in Europe, and attempt to direct attacks on the U.S. homeland in 2016," Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, testified on Capitol Hill Tuesday.

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who was also at the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, estimated that violent extremists were active in about 40 countries and that there currently exist more terrorist safe havens "than at any time in history."

Clapper warned that ISIS and its eight branches were the No. 1 terrorist threat, and that it was using the refugee exodus from violence in Iraq and Syria to hide among innocent civilians in order to reach other countries."

In another part of the story, ISIS is said to have acquired Syrian passport printing machines.....

#266 giddyup, Jul 30, 2016
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Report them to the FBI, man! Why are you wasting time posting here?

8. giddyup

Is being a smart-aleck the only thing you bring to this site? See the post immediately above your drivel for some confirmation. My only contribution was the part about the Syrian passport-printing machinery; I nearly lost my life in confirming that.... ;)

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not being a smart-aleck. The point is: you don't actually know there are terror cells.

I saw your quotation. Most of it was about crossing borders in the Middle East. The part about the U.S. was this:

Well, I thought they were already doing that this past year. . . .

I'm not trying to be nasty right now: I'm on vacation at the beach. But come on: you implied rather directly that some of us don't care about children's safety. You really believe that?

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Heh An accurate state of conservatism in D&D.

11. giddyup

I see more of people poo-pooing the near-term threat when we all know that this is a patient and determined enemy who has been carrying this fight forth for .... what, a thousand years?

I'm less concerned about the threat in my lifetime that in the lives of my four children and whatever children and grandchildren they might be blessed with.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I know someone besides us is doing lots of killing, but I am not at all sure exactly who ISIS is, because of articles like this:

U.S. Military: 'Islamic State of Iraq' Fronted by Imaginary Leader
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...c-state-iraq-fronted-by-imaginary-leader.html

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There's only one way to talk about Gold Star parents: with honor and respect. Capt. Khan is a hero. Together, we should pray for his family.</p>&mdash; John Kasich (@JohnKasich) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/759574122221432832">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. nickb492

Isn't the process refugees go through is like multiple agencies vetting and numerous amounts of interviews? That along with only a fraction of them being accepted within two years and not being able to choose the country that accepts them?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/2...1&ved=0ahUKEwiJmorx05zOAhVL3WMKHR-OBaoQvwUICg
    So the likelihood of terrorists using the refugee program seems unlikely.

#274 nickb492, Jul 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

thumbs!! Don't forget thumbs!

Not sure if he's weighed in on Trump. In all seriousness, there are a number of posters like justtxyank and juicystream who lean right of center, but are practically unrecognizable as conservatives these days.

16. nickb492

Double post

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am 100% certain that there are people planning mass shooting and bombings in the U.S. Odds are pretty high that a San Bernardino, Orlando, or Sandy Hook or Charleston will happen at some point. It's a big country with lots of people and easily available weapons. Law enforcement can't catch every terrorist or mass shooter before atrocity happens. And those atrocities are heart-breaking and scary.

That said, it is irrational to live in overwhelming fear of these. Each of us is still far more likely to meet a early tragic end due to far more mundane causes than global jihadism. Besides, excessive paranoia over our Muslim neighbors, which often bleeds into xenophobia, is not going to make us any safer than we otherwise would be-- in fact, it can be completely counterproductive.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I have nothing to add here, other than to point out that Trump is POS human being. Talking about Khan's wife is just getting into really dirty territory. The man needs to get his ass beat.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When will Paul Ryan and Mitchell McConnell say this?

The answer is never, because they are capitulating cowards to a pathetic narcissistic jackass who also happens to be a Russian stooge.

Trumps defeat should have consequences.

Those who didn't stand up to him should be forced to answer.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will be great when Trump loses and this becomes ammo during senate races. Their opponents must drooling at the thought.