1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG close to Becoming a Celtic?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRaiderRocket, Jul 29, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that team would easily whip the Cavs.
    Ray Allen = Jesus

2. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

You have to ask why the hate?

The 1986 NBA Finals was the championship round of the 1985-86 NBA season. It pitted the Eastern Conference champion Boston Celtics against the Western Conference champion Houston Rockets. The Celtics defeated the Rockets four games to two to win their 16th NBA championship, which is still the most in league history. The title also remains the last Celtics championship as of 2007. Larry Bird was named the Finals MVP.

3. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Ya we get that...that was 21 years ago...im sure the best way to get over that would be to bea them in 2008 nba finals right? :D

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

automatic finals spot for the celtics if this goes through.

cavs won't even come close to beating them. pistons, well they can't beat one superstar, now u have 2 superstars + borderline superstars.

celtics might challenge the best of the west too for god sakes.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If this happens, the Boston Celtics will, for the first time since Larry Bird retired, become my 2nd favorite team again.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

KG = dominate in the Low Post
    Pierce = slashing, one on one
    Allen = raining jumpers all over the place

man, they will easily go to the finals.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really can't believe you people who don't want to see KG go to the Celtics. Would you rather he land on the Suns, Mavs or Lakers?

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Man if it goes through, the Celts would be the cream of the crop out there in East, the other JV teams over there couldn't compete with that collection of talent, good for KG if it happens

9. coogz

coogz Member

Just curious - KG turned this deal down back in June during the draft. Why WOULDN"T he want to play for the Celtics???

He'd be joining a team very rich in basketball tradition and be regarded as the savior who brought them back to glory (if he gets them there).

He'd also be on a contender. KG, Pierce and Allen, though a little "experienced", are going to be at the very least one of the top 4 teams.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

dude,
    i felt sorry for that organization. i know we want them to stink after bird and company, but they were clipper like. we dont wish that on anyone.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

There's no getting over it, especially the low actions of their scrubs and what they did to Sampson. Beating them in the 2008 Finals wouldn't fix what happened in 1986, but it would ease the pain a little and it would allow me to call up some guys who were on the Celtics bandwagon back then and talk trash. It would also allow us to give a huge finger to the smug jerks in Boston who would finally be thinking they're reclaiming their lost glory only to be crushed by a team from the past. The Celtics are like England... their day has passed and it will never come again.

Listen rook, a lot of us have been Rockets fans from the 70's. We proudly hold a grudge. We hate Malone and Stockton. We hate the Sonics. We Hate Dallas and San Antonio. We hate the Celtics. We especially hate those that didn't give the Rockets their due, like most of the national media. Of those, we hate Sports Illustrated the most.

Don't be dissing past Rockets. Don't diminish our grievances. Use it to drive forward and win another championship... if it comes at the hands of the Celtics, it will be so much sweeter.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think its the addition of Ray Allen that triggered the change of heart.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

d*mn right. . . ruined Sampson's Career

Rocket River
    HATE THE CELTS!! FOREVER . . they were the JAzz of the 80s

14. windfern

windfern Member

if that happens, i'll start wearing my shamrock shirt again. :D

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

aaaaaaahhh
    did i hurt ya widdle celtic feelings
    if you look to the top of the screen . .this is a Rockets Website
    not the sorry celtics
    and
    I can perfer that dirty team that took out sampsons knees to roast in Clipperlike hell for ever . . . . wookie

Rocket River

16. tinman

Supporting Member

i agree with everything you said. but i can't hate on KG and Ray Allen, two of the good guys in the NBA. KG and Ray Allen play with heart and class like the Rockets of old. At least you can hate them in the finals, so KG can finally make it.

We can't hate on kellydwer, he's making up for all the bad pub his company put on us.

17. pacertom

pacertom Member

Boston herald Blog says the deal is essentially done, with Rondo staying in Boston and the C's sending out Gomes instead.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/celtics/?p=117

Sources saying Garnett deal is done
    Posted by Steve Bulpett at 12:06 pm

Sources this morning are confirming that the Celtics’ deal for Kevin Garnett is essentially completed.

One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett.

Further word is that the Celts and Garnett have reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension. You may recall a report here that Danny Ainge would not do the deal without such a guarantee of Garnett’s presence, and it appears now that the perennial All-Star is willing to forego the opt-out in his current deal for next summer and cast his lot with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and the Celtics.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

During the 80s, I disliked the Celtics more than any team in the NBA. But that's long gone for me. I like the idea of KG going there because it shakes things up in the stale Leastern Conference.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Nothing would be sweeter than for the Celtics to get back to the Finals and face the Rockets. Win or lose, it'd be sweet, but after we destroyed them, it'd be that much sweeter. Revenge is a dish best served cold? Crank up the AC at the TC, and bring it on!