1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG close to Becoming a Celtic?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRaiderRocket, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Sextuple Double

HELL NO!!!!

Back to the topic...... forget real life, imagine how that team would look in NBA 2k8!!? :eek:

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

gotta wonder if the twolves dont leak this to try and boost any counter offers from other teams....

in any case if this goes through what does this leave the Twolves going forward

MCants, Foye, Jefferson, Brewer, Smith and Ronjo

guess its not a bad time to let grow together..... and tank another couple of years

they need to find a way to rid themselves of the contracts Jaric, Davis, Blount and Hudson and make a rplay at free agency over the next couple of years

#42 SmeggySmeg, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HATE tHe Celtics
    Always have
    Always Will

Hope this falls through and continue to be pathetic

Rocket River

4. ChalupaSupreme

But don't you feel kinda sorry for them the last couple of seasons? They're like the East's version of the Lakers. Actually after putting it that way.. yeah I hate them too.

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

according to espn, "proposed trade", it says Green, Telfair, Jefferson, and Ratlife for Garnett. their giving up their 2 great potential young players for garnett. they are also in a win-now situation. Great trade for Timberolves, Green, Jefferson, and Foye could be potentialy a good core.

6. gostros

gostros Member

man, i wish they had gotten marion from the suns instead. that would have weakened one of the teams ahead of the rockets.

if rondo goes in the trade and green stays, there have been rumors of green for jarrett jack, which would address the point guard situation.

7. awo86

awo86 Rookie

yesyes...make that happen....that's the second thought that came to my mind besides the east being fun to watch again.

8. awo86

awo86 Rookie

we should make a vote to see who wants Rocket River to XXXX himself.

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Well if the Garnett Trade Goes Through, Can a Kobe Trade be far behind.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My quick reaction without taking a close look at the T-Wolves roster is they will be the worst team in the NBA easily. A terrible roster combined with a terrible coach. The Celtics make out like bandits because instead of trading the #5 pick to Minny in the KG deal, they used it to get Ray Allen IN ADDITION to KG. This puts the Celtics on the E.C. map in a hurry.

Unless they make it to the Finals in the next 2 years, I still think Boston will regret giving up Jeff Green. He's an example of being better in the NBA than college.

If this trade happens, it will go a long way in tilting the league back to parity between the conferences, which is a good thing.

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Geez perfect world, Boston and Houston meet in the Finals the next 3 years. And the Rockets win all three years in a row.

Because if this trade happens. The Rockets and the Celtics appear to have 3 of the most talented loaded teams in the NBA.

12. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

That's only 2 teams.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't Payton a free agent? I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Celtics if he is. Alston to Boston does seem logical although their tradeable assets will be depleted after this deal.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Would love to see this happen for the Celts. The Truth and The Big Ticket would be a great 1-2 punch. Both guys play an intense style and, frankly, Paul Pierce is one of my favorite players in the league, so they would be easy to root for out East.

15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

How the Hell did Minny agree to trading away Garnett without getting Pierce?

I share the same sentiment with many others- happy for Garnett to have a real chance at the finals, happy that two West conference franchise players have been traded to the East, (Ray, Garnett), the west becomes a little easier and the East gets more competitive.

As a fan of the game I would have loved to see him play with the Suns. As a fan of the Rockets... not so much. ;)

16. tracymcgrady001

Celtics will be the number 1 team in the east if they get KG

17. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Yeah...lebron, the pistons and dwade+shaq are going to have nightmares.

This big 3 potential is so much better than jkidd, vc and jefferson too. This team will pwn anyone in the east. Id say they could potentially get 55+ wins. In a weak division, and with stars of that caliber.

18. yobod

yobod Member

Because they are going for a youth movement, and Jefferson and Rondo are going to be studs for a LONG time, whereas Pierce has a few good years left. This deal works out for both teams. KG goes to a team thats capable of winning sooner rather than later, and Minny gets 2 rising stars and a HUGE expiring contract to come off the books next season. Now, next year, Minny could possibly be big players in free agency. I'm actually a fan of this deal because a team like Boston or New York becoming relevant again is EXACTLY what the NBA needs to get over this Donaghy scandal. Plus, Garnett is a complete class act, so I'm happy that he's finally gonna get to go to a place where he can win, and do it where everybody will notice (Boston) as opposed to a small market where basketball probably ranks fourth behind football, baseball, and hockey (Minny).

19. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Screw the Celtics.

20. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Why all the hate for the celtics? dont yall want him to go to the east rather then GSW OR LAL?