1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG close to Becoming a Celtic?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRaiderRocket, Jul 29, 2007.

1. TracyMcCrazyeye

Wow. KG, Jesus Shuttlesworth, and the Truth will be a scary group to face. If that core can stay healthy, I can see EC final contention there.

2. ChalupaSupreme

What happened with Morey and the Celts?

3. OrangeCountyCA

Let's not forget that Paul Pierce is a pretty darn good player, who has been under the radar for the past couple of years. With Allen Pierce and KG, the Celtics would have 3 of the top 25 players in the league. :eek: Potential starting lineup:
    PG: Telfair
    SG: Allen
    SF: Pierce
    PF: KG
    C: K. Perkins (pride of Beaumont TX :) )

4. BigTex

BigTex Member

rafer for gerald green :)

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This could be one nasty lineup. Paul Pierce is as legit as they come and we already know what Ray Allen and KG bring.

6. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

rafer for gomes would be nice.

7. abundance

abundance Member

Morey has a mancrush on Scalabrine. :eek: Rafer for Scalabrine?!?

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he used to work for the Celtics before we hired him as an assistant GM

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Please make this trade happen.

1. It will finally give KG a legitimate shot at the Finals and the kind of supporting cast he deserves.

2. It will make the East considerably stronger, and considering how pathetic the East is, that's good for everybody.

3. I think it would be really good for the league if the Celtics and Knicks could become relevant again.

4. It makes the West just a little bit easier.

10. SmitingPurpleEm

Wow, what a splash that would be for the Celtics. The NBA brass has been dying for this; the franchise of Bill Russell/Auerbach/Bird/etc. finally becomes relevant again. That Telfair trade actually has some redeeming value now.... without the massive expiring of Ratliff this trade doesn't work.

Speaking of Telfair, I thought a while ago that Telfair was caught with a loaded gun on an airplane, and the owner said that Telfair was gone. Not sure if that is still the case, maybe now that they traded away all their other PG's, Telfair will be back. In any case their PG's are pretty pathetic: Telfair and Gabe Pruitt. That's even worse than our PG rotation last year. KG can play point, but only in spurts and not for a whole season. I think we're going to try to trade them Alston, hopefully we get Ryan Gomes, although we might have to take on Scalabrine to make it work.

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

He said he didn't want to go because he thought The Celtics weren't going to win anytime soon, but then they got Ray Allen, which makes Boston much more appealing.

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

i think rondo will start at pg.

regardless, even if they make the ecf, they'll get smashed by the west in the finals.

preferably by us. :D

13. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Great trade for the Celtics, good trade for the Wolves. Lamar Odom and JO aren't good enough to make them contenders now, so you might as well get a guy in Al Jefferson who is nearly as good but much younger.

I am extremely high on Jefferson, I think the guy is an All-NBA player by the time he's 25. I don't think he's a franchise player by himself, but he could be part of a competing 1-2 punch.

Celtics are set to make the finals the next 3 years, I don't see a team in the east stopping that trio if they stay healthy. If they can get a championship back in Beantown the trade will be well worth it.

14. liangqj

liangqj Member

Who will come?
    After the deal,Do you think who will trade for Rafer?

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Telfair started last season but got demoted to third-string by season's end. They even tried to rip up his contract after his lastest gun trouble but his agent threatened legal action.

Delonte was Rivers's preferred starting point but played combo guard role because of Tony Allen being injured. The starting job is probably up to Rondo now.

If the KG deal goes through all they need is a PG and they are set.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

snore - wake me up when a trade has actually been made!!

17. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

I hope this trade happens for KG's sake. He deserves a chance to lead a team to the finals. And in the weak East, he can do just that with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen on his team.

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking. How many times has KG been all but traded this offseason?

19. Dei

Dei Member

But the Twolves already suck...

20. rice

rice Contributing Member

difference between suck and 'sucker'? :rolleyes: