1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

key decision of series: bynum or odom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coldsweat, May 1, 2009.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wow, the experts are really going out on a limb here.....

Surprise, surprise :rolleyes:

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Odom is the reason the lakers win in 5. The rox have no one that can matchup with odom. Gasol is going to killl scola, ariza is going to cancel artest out and kobe is kobe.

3. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Agreed. All the Lakers have to do is play Yao the way Portland did, and they sweep this series or win in 5 games. A Phil Jackson on full-r****d mode is the only way we can pull off a series win.
    We tried guarding Bynum with Hayes and it was epic fail. Bynum actually has a hook shot he can make in close range with consistency, and he's too tall for Hayes to bother him. We put in Mutombo and it worked for us. No Deke = big fat problem.

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Bynum is going to start, I believe Phil Jackson had already said that he was going to do that.

Gasol cannot front Yao. Yao started doing a better job fighting off the front when the Rockets went back to the Toyota Center. Gasol is weaker than Yao in the upper and lower body so he has no chance fronting him. Let's just hope Yao can seal him off better though.

Odom is going to close out the game though. So it doesn't really matter who honestly starts. It's about who finishes. Bynum does not finish games. That's where the Lakers will hurt us the most.

5. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

bynum cannot play good even if jazz do not okur.
    odom is not a good match-up for scola.
    i hope they use bynum more.... XD

6. Mashing

Mashing Member

Agreed. Which is why I hope Kobe get fouled HARD. No touch fouls, make him feel every bump and bruise when he steps up to the line. Nothing pisses me off more than wing players getting touch fouls when they drive to the basket. I mean, if they're going to let him win the game at the FT line, then I want him hurting for it.