1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter won the draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

An underrated move in this draft is to continue to surround KPJ with a close support system of friends that happen to be great basketball players. This kid is a good player that we can all root for. By adding two more friends of his, we've done him a solid to keep him with a strong support system here in Houston.

It may not have been fully planned, but it's really a brilliant tactic by Stone.

Get talent for nothing. Use your great character coach to help the kid out. Know some of his friends are very talented and coming to he NBA the year after. Draft said friends.

Brilliant.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol if anything there’s more pressure on him to perform and can we please stop acting like he’s our franchise guy? That would be Green.

aaquaa, 34to11, dkoune and 7 others like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ and Wood are the franchise players, Green has yet to prove he's on their level....and in fact he was nowhere near KPJ's level in February.

That may change several years from now but as of now he's a one way bench player that needs to prove himself.

Hell Sengun is more proven than Green

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I say we give it some time before we determine our franchise guy. For all we know, it may turn out to be Christopher, :D.

BallSoHarden, slothy420, Amel and 7 others like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

I don't think he's a franchise guy, but he's very talented. He's also very fragile. I think the Rockets realizing this, and investing in him, in a way, is nothing but great news for him, and for us, as fans.

roslolian and burlesk like this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It never ceases to amaze me how much Bobbythegreat hates Jalen Green. He seems like such a good, hard-working kid. I don't understand how one can have such animosity towards him.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bobbythegreat is a genuine Rockets fan who is a skeptic regarding Green, but he severely underestimates him on offense. Green will struggle initially, so will all the rookies on other teams. I'm sure Jalen will shine with increasing minutes in the upcoming season.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

one way bench player :rolleyes:

9. Jalen Green OnlyFan

It’s uncalled for lmfao.

jalen is going to make everyone love him soon though.

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'd postulate that the issue isn't with Green, more with the person who seethes with animosity.

11. Two Sandwiches

I'm guessing he kneeled for the anthem once.

12. vince

vince Member

Yes Wood and KPJ were huge winners, because besides having Tate and Martin (two building blocks), now the Rockets add 4 very talented youngsters with potential to be game changers.

So that’s 8 guys who are reeling with potential. And the Rockets still have a plethora of first round picks in the upcoming years to tinker and replace guys who aren’t panning out into the identity of the team.

But right now it’s Woods team, as he’s as close to an all-star that the Rockets have on the Roster. I’m still hoping they sign Olynyk, the dude has major value too…

Amel, Mr.Scary, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

ClutchFans is a better place with some people on ignore .....

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's actually crazy that people are looking to trade Wood. He's a big man, and 25 is not old for a big man. All he needs to do is stay healthy and he's the first developed piece of the rebuild. If we can retain him whilst our young core develops around him, even if he doesn't improve (which I'm pretty certain he will) he's already good enough to be a 3rd option as he is right now. Trading him for unknown draft talent is just silly. He needs to grow with these youngsters and hopefully become a real all star. If that happens and we hit on half of KP, KJ, Green, Christopher, Sengun and Garuba hitting their potential, that's a team.

raining threes, ElDobleK and burlesk like this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

KPJ is a great prospect (and not as fragile as many believe) but Green is instantly the face of the franchise. If healthy both should start 82 games and haul 30+ mpg.

The Rockets and their partisans won the draft.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. Two Sandwiches

This is your best one yet lmao.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

So his plan was to try to get as good of a player as he could for as low of an asset as possible, then draft as best of players as he can also? Even better if they might get along?

That really is brilliant. I wonder why more GMs haven't thought of that before?

D-rock likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Well I wish they would give him the ball when he asks for it instead of waving him off for a 100 ft contested 3 lol

burlesk likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

So this is not Wall's team anymore? Are we relieving him of his Tank Commander duties?

raining threes, ak99999 and burlesk like this.