1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr...................

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Mar 12, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Loved watching Glide play, so frickin effortless.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

might have had 15 assists in the first half if his team could shoot even at an average clip.

D-rock likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

sorry man. I didn’t realize your original comment said for a superstar guard.

seems like cherry-picking a bit but in that case... sure, ranking superstar guards of the last 3-4 decades by skill sets and accuses not going to be near the top in terms of dribbling.

it just came off a bit like “well he couldn’t dribble really good so wouldn’t be as good in today’s game”.

personally, it’s the 3 point shooting that would be the drawback.... except later in his career he turned himself into a decent three point shooter.

there are just not tons of athletes like Clyde today. Same comment from earlier. The absolute best we’re still another level. Clyde was a level of athleticism above most nba players ... an MJ and Nique level - that wound still be above most NBA players today. Obviously amazing on the break. Fantastic in half court sets ... smart ... and used that athleticism perfectly whenever he saw an opening.

Dude had 8 assist per game one of his first few seasons in the league. A fantastic passer regardless of how he dribbled.

But yeah... not a PG

As for KPJ... absent him just coming out and dominating every game... which sure would be amazing but how likely was that lol... these are good games to have. You get better through struggle.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya about KPJ, I don't expect any 20 year old besides Lebron to be consistent scoring wise. He's going to have ups and downs especially on a team that has hardly any consistent shooters around him. Like he's already seeing defenses hedge towards him because everyone around him sucks ass shooting.

And to be clear about Drexler, he's still and all time top 6 to 7 shooting guard of all time. It really depends where you rank guys like AI. I think West, Wade and Harden are above him and then obviously you have Jordan and Kobe. So I don't want to make it sound like he's some overrated player or something. My main point was that skill level in the league has risen along with more rigorous and advanced training regiments at much earlier ages.