1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt that anyone on this team believes that Lucas is a mental health expert. I'd be surprised if the organization does not have a therapist assigned to KPJ. Granted, this kind of information has not been released, so I have no idea if KPJ is seeing anyone. My guess is that JL is not pretending to be his therapist and instead he is trying to be his mentor. There is a difference, and it is possible to have a mentor, while also making sure that individual is getting professional help.

As stated, I have no idea if KPJ is actually getting professional help for his mental issues, but I would hope that an organization like the Rockets, knowing damn well they dealt with Royce White previously, knows to get an expert involved in the matter. If KPJ is refusing help, then that's not on JL, all he is trying to do is mentor the young man, like he has multiple other individuals throughout the years.

And no, Lucas history would not be fair game in argument. What purpose would that serve? Yes, in argument, stupid things can be said, but that does not mean it is fair game. If Lucas was still a crackhead while mentoring young guys, then by all means, fair game, but that's not the case. It's history and even if it were brought up in argument, it would serve no purpose besides JL bringing it up and saying something to the effect, "KPJ, do you want to be out of the league because you refuse to get help? Look at me, I lost my opportunity to play the game because I chose to feed my addiction instead, and look at me, I didn't get to play the prime years of my career due to a knuckleheaded mistake." etc etc.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not a bad plan. Don’t agree with everything. Still think KPJ can play point, but don’t have a problem trying him at SF. Do not want Wall on the court this year as I think we might win too many games. Love to get Myles Turner, but don’t think we can without giving up major assets. Do not want Fox, who is a score first point and does not fit with Green. If I’m giving up Wood, Tate, Augustine, Garuba and 2 FRP it better be for Myles Turner or a better point than Fox, although I’m not sure who that is (please don’t say Simmons, D-rock).

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Haha, California does need the rain and snow for the draught relief. Just not all at the same time. But Mother Nature isn't always cooperative.

alethios likes this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Sounds like a fair read to me. KPJ is probably not cut out for being a team leader - has too many personal/mental health things that prevent him from being able to care for others - he just needs to work on self and realize team leader isn’t his future role BUT he can be a hell of a teammate.

Wood is more troubling - he really should be a leader on this team and seems to really struggle in that role but I suppose that is also not something he is cut out for- but if Wood wants to be the man or be an all star or whatever it is he thinks he is, he is going to have to realize he will have to be a leader of men first.

…lost in all of this is EGO- quiet guy, great NBA vet, but dude is also not a leader. The difference here is our most experienced “vets” are just not team leaders and we do seem to have a leadership vacuum even within the coaching ranks.

No one is setting the culture right now - everyone is kind of needing that to figure out how to move forward and that’s because we don’t know where forward is or who that leader will be…that was the reason we would have preferred to get Cade because he projects as a leader of men in a way that no one else on this roster necessarily does. That’s fine but Houston has to find someone in the org who sets the tone from top to bottom and currently we have too many newbs who are learning the ropes- our GM, our Coach, our players…even our owner honestly. Maybe one of our young guys sees the void and steps up- that would be ideal but I am for the first time thinking maybe Silas is too quiet for the role he needs to play on this team.

steddinotayto and Easy like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Says a lot about you if you think people are saying give him a chance just because the level of ability.

Nobody is claiming he is some superstar talent and the fact that you would excuse any of this if he was that type of talent means that nobody should take you seriously when it comes to commenting on a player because evidently, you believe if you are talented enough no rules apply to you.

If he swung on him that would be different and you don't have any idea if he threw whatever it was at him so why the hypotheticals?

Why the **** are you so emotional about this anyway, it will not impact the team either way if he stays or goes calm the **** down dude.

DaDakota and HP3 like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are way too invested in trashing KPJ and thinking any of this has to do with what people think of him as a player.

There are a lot trashier players on the Rockets yet for some reason he makes you feel some kind of way.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Hardly anyone is worse than KPJr, and if they are, we do not get the constant gaslighting like they’re actually playing well.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the exact same reason why Lin fans were so invested in trashing Harden. It's just a new generation of the same thing.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is refusing to go into a game when you are supposed to be the best player on the team and you are in line for a big payday not way worse.

You want to count up how many times Wood has been suspended?

WTF did KPJ do to you? I can understand not liking his game but to somehow try and claim what Wood did is not more knuckleheaded and with his track record?

I am more pissed at him because he just trashed his trade value ain't nobody giving a 1st for that knucklehead.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is gaslighting KPJ, for some reason you just want everybody to think he is trash like you.

I have yet to see a poster say he is great or a key piece since last year, I just see people that want to see at least this year play out and think he could be a good rotation piece.

How is that gaslighting?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I need to explain why losing your mind to the point you’re told u will not play the 2nd half because of it, then just leaving the arena without permission isn’t worse? Really?

How many times has Wood been suspended? Let’s count em up

KPJr’s track record is infinitely worse than Wood’s, let’s stop trying to act like they’re close

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Link?

That's a lot more detail but I still think what Wood did was more cancerous he actually just refused to play and then sat on the bench chuckling it up because he did not get his way.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

acting like KPJr has been playing well is definitely gaslighting when he’s been utter trash

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you might need to actually look at Woods history yes he has been suspended and even cut for his attitude it was widely reported when he signed with us.

The only thing different than KPJ is anger issues, I'm surprised you act like Wood does not have a sordid history.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow my guy you just really hate KPJ, you are even in here trying to act like Woods history is not that bad.

Any way you do you, nothing I can say is gonna change what you think.

Peace out my guy.

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am well aware of Wood’s history. Please provide how many times Wood has been suspended.

KPJr was about to get released, but the Cavs found a top 55 protected pick for him

I’m not acting like anything, u want to act like Wood and KPJr are anywhere close when it comes to fckery…they’re not

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nowhere did I act like Wood’s history isn’t bad. Don’t make sh*t up

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Big shot Bob says hello.

DaDakota likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ has made major improvement and in this game was playing amazingly well.

He has averaged 15-6 since he took over as our PG, not too shabby for a 21 year old just learning the position.

Some people don't like him though, they want him gone - he may very well be gone some day, but when Lebron thinks he is an up and coming player, it might be best for us keyboard warriors to take notice.

I mean we argue, or desperately hang by our keyboard and go "FIRST" - but we really are just fans....

DD

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I said not that bad or as bad or worse.

So now we want to get into semantics?