1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. conquistador#11

It's the NBA not Shawshank but point taken. We need another 7 game winning streak badly.

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have gifted KPJ the best opportunity of his life so far. This is not a good look. I've already pretty much given up on Wood so he's whatever but KPJ should know better, and should know what he stands to lose if this doesn't work out. Being passionate is one thing. Allowing your anger to control you and dictate your actions is another.

However, he is young--and it's not always about the mistakes you make, but how you react to them. Will the Rockets give him another chance? I say they probably will, given their belief in him over the year that we've had him. How he reacts going forward will tell us a lot about this young man.

UTSA2step, slothy420, Y2JT and 13 others like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I went to bat for the kid a lot and I was pulling for him, but he needs to hang out with his buddy Royce White under whatever bridge he's currently living in for a while.

Professionals simply can't act that way. Same goes for Wood.

dcfma and clos4life like this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The organization needs to relocate KPJ’s locker outside the Toyota Center gates.
    He can suit up there and wait till he’s traded or waived!

DeBeards likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Assh*le John Lucas grabbed KPJ by the throat and told him

[​IMG]

Per Kayleigh per @Cutty312

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is going to take some sorting out.

Wood did play like garbage, just jacking up 3s.

I thought KPJ played well enough in that half… for him to lose it like this with John Lucas of all people is disconcerting.

It may be time to give Wall some run. He’s not perfect, but there’s no one to set the tone in the locker room apparently.

7. conquistador#11

The A-hole Lucas strikes again!

(just wanting someone to bump that thread)

Joe Rocket and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Let's be honest, this stop was his last chance at an NBA career. We gave him the kingdom, if he ****s this up like everywhere else in his career he's got zero trade value, he's just gone from the league. Probably get ok money in Europe/China where he'd be a top tier talent and they'd put up with his ****.

Joe Rocket, jcmoon, dcfma and 2 others like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Honestly, maybe bringing wall back now would be ideal.

I think they might give KPJ another chance, I personally think Wood is done here since he's on the trading block anyway

jcmoon, don grahamleone and dcfma like this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Let's not rush to judgement. ESPN has never been our friend and clicks come with drama/sensation.

With that said, Silas maybe losing the team or at least a few. Something is going on and change may need to happen soon.

Joe Rocket, Amel and burlesk like this.
  11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Cheap ferntits brought us so much trouble,
    He never refuses any ideas to cut down the management n operation costs, smh, from coaching to FAs.
    Go fvck himself!

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

John Lucas in that lockerroom walking up to KPJ and Wood like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be sad. He needs to learn from his mistakes.

burlesk likes this.
  14. HardenVolumeOne

lol morey had the rockets with the 3rd highest winning percentage of the 2010-2020 decade... the mess didnt start till tillman became owner and EVERYONE including the broadcasters were let go because they couldnt fit in his budget.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That was the team catering to a superstar, which concessions are made for ALL of the TOP NBA Stars. These guys are playing on a rebuilding team hoping to land a huge contract, turns out they are too short on brains to see it through. The Rockets need to bounce their entitled asses.

jcmoon likes this.
  16. awc713

awc713 Member

This team sucks, what do you expect. Stone seems like a competent GM but Tillman is a mess so his product is as well. I’m out on the NBA. Most of these players are self-absorbed or ignorant a-holes. I was hoping the best for KPJ but this is a dig your own grave type of move.

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

Oh…now Christian Wood refused to play second half, too?!

Sound like mutiny to me…

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And if KPJ's actually done it wouldn't really hurt minutes for other players giving Wall a run. Might even be nice to see a real PG getting our guys open looks and playing the 2 man game with Sengun. Pretty sure at this point if you gave Wall a run he's play ball and get our guys involved, he must know by now he's not star quality any more and his best shot at a future contract is to display the elite tier assist making he had for most of his career (and as a bonus he seems pretty tight with Green. It'd be like a new run with a Beal type where John said himself it was nice to have a scorer to work with...)

groovemachine likes this.
  19. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I’m ready for the herd to be thinned a bit. Let’s clear some space out for Green and Sengun to thrive.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t think Lucas can relate to the TikTok generation. Maybe Bullard could help.

PeterKingX and DeBeards like this.