1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You obviously didn't watch him as the SF in CLE. He was dreadful off the ball.

The one special thing about his game is the unusual tempo that he can sometimes impose on a game. If you take that away, I am afraid he might be out of the NBA. If he can't make it work here over the next several months, the dude is going to be playing in Cambodia.

I am still hopeful that he can figure it out. Maybe a move to 6th man and less responsibility to be the team leader would be good for everyone.

(I'd like to take a long look at Daishen Nix at PG. He is a much more natural fit for Jalen there...)

2. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think it is wise to let everyone cool down. (And allow Stone some time to frantically search for C-Wood deals so we don't have to bring him back into the Toy Center)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Speaking about Clutchfans and not about AB.

DD

4. i3artow i3aller

Appears I have a lot to catch up on :eek:

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

And how many chances has KPJ had throughout college and the nba?

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Play 6th man? KPJ will lose temper and throw objects again.

DeBeards and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

A ton, because he has an absurd level of talent.

JG and Silas want to play GSW-ball... KPJ wants to be James Harden. That odd timeout in the middle of a KPJ ISO was a super revealing shot across the bow, and it all fell apart after that.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Well hopefully, he throws the basketball in the basket.

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yo, I didn't even think about it that way. You make a good point.

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't know if he was doing well and lapsed into this, but his record shows a trend.

Guys like Artest, DeMarcus etc. were much better players to justify tolerating and working with behavior issues.

Artest at least worked on his mental health and got a therapist he would work with, not sure if KPJ is working on himself that way as well. No judgement, it's important to take care of yourself period, let alone as a high profile athlete with everything magnified.

This would be an internal decision, but if no voluntary action is taken to improve, no apology or results are being seen it might be best to part ways. If real action is consistently taken then a non guaranteed contract or a probationary period to prove it's real perhaps.

DeBeards and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Cavs gave Porter away for nothing that should tell you right there

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. Aware

Aware Member

This whole situation sucks
    But thanks to this lil episode i finally figured out why John Lucas seemed so familiar to me lmao

[​IMG]

This dude was in Metal Gear Solid 2. Cant believe it took me this long to figure it out

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There's no team in Cambodia.

[​IMG]

DeBeards and coachbadlee like this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Team Suckass is out there...

DreamShook likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

After the very heated debate, the allies came away with the victory in the battle of the bulge.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

And KPJ is not.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So to Da Dakota who called me a KPJ hater, this is why I didnt want him to be point guard. He has temper issues and you dont give that guy the most important job on the team. Its just too much pressure and I knew this would happen eventually. He should have been a 3 and the Rockets hould have been on the search for a young point guard.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He has been a god awful coach but people will find a way to make excuses for him. That being said KPJ should not have reacted like this. Its going way too far. Get mad fine throw something sure fine, but leave in the middle of the game? Nah bruh you comin off the bench or being traded you cant do that ****. We cannot count on someone who will do that when pushed.

DeBeards, aaquaa and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Cut SIlas too. I would probably keep KPJ but lessen his role.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He is incapable of playing the SF, as we saw in CLE. That is a huge part of the reason he was unhappy in CLE, and a factor in why the Rox took a chance on him. You take away his intriguing ability to control the tempo, and he might as well be out of the NBA. It is possible, even probable, that he will never figure out how to be a consistent NBA PG. If that is the case several months from now, you cut your losses.

All in all, I am still excited about Josh/Nix/JG... Hopefully KPJ works out, but no sweat If it doesn't. Tank commander is a role that needs filling.