1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is pretty clear evidence that Porter is not fit to make good decisions when it comes to interacting with other humans.

Why would he attack a woman's wig, pretty batshet stuff.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why that changes much

he wasn’t going to play the 2nd half because of his outrageous tantrum, then he just left the arena because of the consequence he had just received for his actions

Isn’t that what we always knew about the situation?

javal_lon likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Kevin makes so many poor decisions while driving.

WestendMassive likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just want to point out that Hakeem used to lose his temper as a young player all the time......eventually he matured.

Barkley threw a fan through a window - he matured.

So, that is the conundrum here is this a player who will mature, or is this JR Rider, or Terrance Williams or Eddie Griffin?

Mental health is no joke.

DD

#464 DaDakota, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    HP3 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Already did with Royce Bewell Be Alarm White.

This organization loves to nurture headcases back to health without any luck doing so.

#465 daywalker02, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If you can’t control your temper enough that you have to leave then you shouldn’t be on the team period.What happens next time when he is on the court and this happens?. You are asking for trouble

slothy420 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

T Squid.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So you’re blaming Lucas for this dumbass leaving the Arena? Unbelievable man. So when the player is an A$$-hole, BLAME THE COACHES! This is why our jails stay full! You don’t hold the kids accountable and find others to blame for their actions.

KPJ is a waste of time and resources. He’s done this everywhere he’s been since High School. Cleveland got rid of this idiot and are doing just fine with their young guys. You’ve got to hold them accountable, If you allow this what are you going to tell your other 4 rookies? That this is ok?

Hell DD, why don’t the Rockets just fire Lucas & Silas, (the rest of the staff) give Wood & KPJ max contracts and let the players coach the team.

slothy420 and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this dude really brought up Hakeem…

LMFAO

an outburst from the CEO (Hakeem) and the janitor (KPJr) are 2 totally different things

KPJr has done nothing in this league and is a scrub on the court

Richie_Rich and J.R. like this.
  10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well maybe others knew it, but not me. My understanding was that the coaches showed tape at halftime and called out many players (him included) for their defensive effort. They wanted these guys to pick up the effort level in the second half, and they wanted to see him do it in the second half. Then he decided to just leave. I think thats a lot worse...if that were true he's basically refusing to play just like Wood. If he left BECAUSE they told him he wasn't going to play, thats just not as bad. Thats like a 9 instead of a 10 on the "how bad is it" scale, I guess. I'm not trying to excuse it or anything, it's still bad, it's just not quite as bad as I thought it was.

mathor likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U rather he lash out and hit someone? We have grown ass vets who can't control their own dam temper doing even stupider sht like throwing balls at the crowd and starting fights. What kpj did was wrong but I still think the situation is salvageable especially if he was remorseful right after.

Kpj cares about the game wood does not big difference. I rather we give kpj another chance especially since we r a rebuilding team, but woods needs to go.

If we gave house a chance after his fked up and he's an Inferior player to kpj, I don't see y not.

12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

My main concerns with KPJ always centered on his personality, not on his skills as a player.
    Unfortunately the boy reconfirms all my fears.
    In the NBA you have to grow up quickly or you will be forgotten as a sad case of lost talent.
    I think the best thing for the Rockets is to end the relationship with KPJ and Christian Wood (bad teammate) as soon as possible.
    A team under construction cannot afford to have "bad apples."
    This team needs positive leaders on and off the court and John Wall could have that role.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Did you see the quotes, he didn't leave the arena to avoid playing, he was told he was NOT going to play the 2nd half because of his outbreak, and was there when the players took the court, and decided to leave then......and apologized.

And yes, I would fire Silas and Lucas they suck.

Again KPJ was playing great, the team was winning, he goes out, team tanks he comes back to a game that is out of hand, and Lucas blames his effort....I mean ...GET A ****ING CLUE LUCAS!

DD

ACL1 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I guess I just don’t see it that way

he basically did what u initially described, except u can add in having a temper tantrum and throwing objects before leaving which makes it even worse to me…his tantrum is the reason he was told he wasn’t playing

They didn’t give him permission to leave the arena. Who does KPJr think he is thinking he can just bounce mid-game?

they tried to coach him, he got emotional and lost his mind, they told him he’s not gonna play because of his outrageous outburst, and then he said “fck u, I’m out”

Richie_Rich and harold bingo like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This kid is shooting a putrid 36% from the field in his 3rd year. Supposedly he skips Lucas's morning sessions all the time while Jalen Green is always in attendance. Comeon kid..the Rockets are forcing a 11 year vet and former all-NBAer to sit just for you..and this is what you have to show for it?

Can't stand him rolling his eyes, shrugging his shoulders, not getting back on D when he pouts for calls
    Can't stand him opting for the more flashier pass than the effective one resulting in him getting picked off frequently

He has 10 dumb/lazy lowlights that are ignored for every 1 highlight that Rockets fans and media re-tweet and drool over

This is why the rest of the NBA media aren't giving Sengun the attention he deserves

Richie_Rich and daywalker02 like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The point is not the relative greatness of the two guys, it was about maturity. It was a good point. On several occasions when Hakeem was young he attacked store clerks. He could’ve ruined his career with his temper if he had not matured. I don’t often agree with DD, but in this instance it was a good point. You are a knee jerk fan that has been blasting our young players from the beginning. Maybe Lucus should come over to your house and shout at you, until you mature.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not mind giving him another chance but it would be his last and the danger already lurks around the corner.

Under these circumstances, I do not see KPJ ever getting to where he wants to be as a player.

Just as I have wasted effort and money on things, this would be just another waste of talent.

18. csc177

csc177 Member

I think this is more on the player than the organization.
    The risk unfortunately backfired and will so again if he’s not dealt.

tough story especially when you get excited about the potential - buy you can’t have entitled head cases when trying to build a young team. If we had a team of vets, KP would have been checked by them and not Lucas. The young guns here are just trying to find there way. KP and Wood for that matter are setting a bad precedent.

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

People don't realise how harmful "continues losing" is. OK, there is no relegation but being a long term Pelicans, Wolves, Hornets is not a respectable thing.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All that and you ended with John wall as positive on and off the court leader. The man who chose to sit out? Jeezus