1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly
    I always felt that was Stern
    And his frozen envelop thumb on the scale
    They want more Lakers Celtics
    So he did like he did in the CP3 trade
    Played favorites

Rocket River
    Everyone was on coke back then.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I think the punishment from Stone/Fertitta should be to fire Silas and make Lucas interim head coach. Someone had the balls to call them both out… applause is warranted. Silas’ personality just isn’t right for dealing with petulant children.

What should they do about Wood and KPJ:

One game suspension without pay sounds about right. Wood has a reputation around the league that most fans don’t really know about so he’s harder to trade than you might think. The best we might get is 2 seconds unfortunately but it might be best. The major reason though isn’t this it’s the fact that Sengun is the future.

KPJ… no need to trade him. I’ve always been intrigued with letting him ride it out and making him a RFA where we can walk on him if he gets a big offer from another team or match if he go gangbusters. I don’t think he should be starting at the moment though.

EG should be starting with Green until EG is able to be traded. Wall also should be starting until he inevitably gets injured for the season. Not playing him is pretty stupid and shows the league we have no confidence in his health which just kills his trade value.

jcmoon and vator like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

KPJ must be disciplined. I would like to see how he handles it first. His maturity in the position he put himself in will determine what the long term plans are for him. Certainly this is a black eye for him and for Silas. He is young but you have to be a man and look in the mirror even when you don't want to. KPJ has to realize that he has been gifted with this opportunity and when the team is down you don't abandon them when you have a personal conflict. I think the kid is good for it if he accepts and repents. I am very curious how he repents. Lebron James the other day just spoke so highly of him, for him to lose his cool like this will be something he will have to account for.

sydmill likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Was he not in the locker room?
    Could he not go grab young KPJ
    And say...not the move troop
    He wasn't doing anything else

Wall was walling.

Rocket River

spm_fan likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope news of a release comes out today.

He didn't just get mad and leave....which is bad enough....

He got mad, threw something, and then left at halftime of an NBA game.

Naw...getcho ass outta here with that crazy ****.

If all they do is suspend him they better hit him with that Jim Adler hammer and put his untamed ass on ice for a good while.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Remember this?

Lucas requires Green to participate in the early sessions on game days. They are optional for Porter, whose attendance has been sporadic.

"It's his third year, and I've got to respect that," Lucas says. "I'm waiting for him to come willingly."

Lucas compares his approach to Porter's development to "kid gloves," saying he gauges Porter's mood before determining how hard to push him that day. Lucas worries that Porter will tune him out if he demands too much.

everybody needing to walk on eggshells for a 3rd year scrub…what a time to be alive

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like Dlo but Dlo is now a Saint compared to him.

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lucas said in an interview not long ago that they literally run a good cop/bad cop dynamic, it's his job on the coaching staff to do what he did. Stop making excuses for the kids, Lucas did EXACTLY what he's being paid to do.

Rocket River, Patience and vator like this.
  9. RCPM

RCPM Member

WWJVD? Seriously!

10. csc177

csc177 Member

Never was a leader, we forced it upon him. You can hear it when he speaks “my guys this, my guys that” it’s not natural. He may have just temper tantrum’d his way out of a new contract and potentially out of the league.

teams aren’t putting up with this (especially from non superstars). Leaving the arena at halftime? Weak!

jcmoon, Dobbizzle and vator like this.
  11. koby1868

koby1868 Member

He has had issues in the past but this is the first thing that's come up since being traded to Houston and it seems he's handling himself better this time around by taking responsibility and apologizing for over reacting.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's handling it better by doing the exact same thing? Now he's speeding off in his Ferrari and still throwing **** while in the mddle of a game. #Progress

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Silas still defended both players at the post game - saying they were evaluating KPs “leg” which was why he didn’t come out at half and not sharing details on why Wood didn’t play in second half (not that he refused to sub in but b/c it was a coaches decision).

lol Buckle up folks! Not only is he losing games, someone’s about to lose the locker room to a bunch of kids as well.

PeterKingX and Aruba77 like this.
  14. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I guess this is why many were saying be patient with the rebuild. Unfortunately this is the type of talent available, and it’s available for these reasons. It comes with risks. There’s a lot of reward “if” it pans out but there’s a reason other teams were willing to part or chose not to match contracts. Wood and KPJ are high risk high reward guys. However, the chances of them putting it all together are not good

slothy420, Rocket River and csc177 like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Nah. Still the same dude. Immature. He left the arena at halftime (equivalent of leaving your job at lunch because you received criticism from your supervisors). Childs play.

16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Oh forgive me I wasn't aware that you were in the locker room when everything took place...

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This guy has gotten so many chances.Its time to just cut him. I guess Evan Mobley's dad knew what was up with kpj.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t think one game is near enough. Bench Wood till we trade him.

jcmoon, AroundTheWorld and PeterKingX like this.
  19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

People throw out "he's 21" but how many 21-year-olds have temper tantrums at halftime and then abandon the team? How many similar attitude-problem players have matured out of that to become stable, responsible teammates?

At some point, KPJ has done something similar on three teams. He's shown you who he is. If you expect he's going to be someone else, that's your mistake.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I wasn’t aware of this. I think if this is the case you cut KPJ today and don’t look back. Unreal. If you are thin skinned and don’t work hard, we don’t want u.

AroundTheWorld, vator and PeterKingX like this.