1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing: that if I were Silas/Stone, I’d give full effort to finding the leak.

Side note: Clutch once gave me access to his inner circle of insider info (out of appreciation for running his server), and I said no, don’t tell me anything, because I will turn those people in to Rudy and CD.

But then I thought, you know, KPj left the arena. Any number of Toyota Center contract-employees witnessed that, and could have leaked it. And good chance KPj said why, if questioned, “Hey, Kevin, why are you leaving?”

And then I thought, but wouldn’t that type of leak happen on Twitter at half-time? Maybe it just took awhile to get out and get to MacMahon??

Since MacMahon had a lot of info on both KPj leaving and Wood not wanting to play (and it broke after the game), I end up thinking that it was internal from someone in the lockerroom, to include maybe even a player telling MacMahon. You can’t fire a player, but you definitely want to know the snitch.

Stone clearly would NOT want a leak like this, if his goal is to trade Wood. I can see the Rockets themselves leaking about KPj, as a strategic public play to hit the kid with outside consequences (like Eddie Johnson’s tweet) to spur apologies and remorse, but not Wood, if you are trading him.

[edit] didn’t know Silas said post-game there was a heated discussion. That statement gets MacMahon and Shams digging in a race, for sure. Likely internal leak.​

#321 heypartner, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    vator, Jontro, spm_fan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Remember when this guy said this? Some folks were mad. Others called him brave - maybe even a hero. Whatever he is, he was brilliant.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"I quit"

yea, this guy is better as a 6th man instead of given starting duties, it's only going to backfire on us down the road if not already.

jcmoon, PeterKingX and aaquaa like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I read on twitter that KPJ has apologized for his behavior. Even if that's true, he needs to be suspended and fined by the team for 5 games in my opinion. I don't think he can make it, despite his talent. Lack of discipline is a major problem.

5. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Thats 2 strikes that we know of, wonder what else is there? To fire back at our coaches who have been known to use the kid gloves on him is really disappointing. He could be out of the league soon if he cant get his head right.

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The sad thing about all this is that Lucas' tough love is exactly what KPJ needs to turn his **** around and have a long career, he just needs to have enough character to accept it. If he's going to be a petulant child then he's not worth the effort. This is his shot, we've given him the keys, if he ****s it then he ain't gonna have much of a career to speak of.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think what happened is the boys were reenacting the Wood errant pass. KPJ threw the "ball" (whatever it was) and hit Lucas in the head. Lucas flipped. Started going off about how Wood sucks at passing and about how KPJ is still immature as all get out. Both got butthurt and pouted.

Nothing to see here.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

nvm

Jontro likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member

Yep. Why was Lucas jumping on the guys instead of the Head Coach? I'm not saying it wasn't deserved, but it seems like Lucas saying to Silas "Sit down you little b*tch. I got this. "

Is it a "good cop, bad cop" routine?

htownrox1, aaquaa and saleem like this.
  10. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

So which Laker will we get in return for him?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm worried that KPJ could end up like Eddie Griffin. He needs professional mental health treatment and lots of family/ friends support.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Give me that 50+ wins just about every season mess

Rocket River

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I said trade Wood since his first season here. And why they „invest” into kpj is beyond me. He didnt show one thing since being in the NBA and most importantly he doesnt show will to be the best. Why they even bother with him? Jalen had his problems early in the season and now look at him… im happy he seems tight with Sengun, they both recognized whats up quickly

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think John Wall is a Real mother****er and pro. He probably is away from the team because he wasnt having KPJs and Woods **** and it cause friction

spm_fan, jcmoon and Squirtle like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What? this is how it started. You mean the JVG era

bmelo likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. If Wall gave that salute
    He would be every bit as emotional as KPJ

Rocket River

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Do we really want players like KPJr and Wood contaminating the rest of the young guys on the roster? We got him for a stale box of cookies from Cleveland, so I’m sure the FO and coaching staff were thinking “why not?”

at this point, we should just cut our losses

the KPJr at PG experiment was already a fail, and throwing a tantrum and leaving the arena at halftime is just a wild thing to do

What’s he gonna do if Silas or whoever the coach is years from now said someone else is gonna be the starter? He’s liable to Latrell Sprewell the coach, and unlike Sprewell, he is not good enough on the court to keep being given chance after chance. This is the 2nd time we’ve heard he’s thrown things in the locker room, and then this idiot outdoes himself by just leaving TC mid-game. Crazy

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As I watch Silas
    I think of Bickerstaff
    Prospering on Cleveland

Maybe he needs this seasoning

Rocket River
    Our fans have little patience.

19. Landry's Tooth

I wouldn't cut him. He still has talent. You suspend him.

When you look at each player individually on this team there is talent. Somehow we're not getting the talent to work together and get results. That's a sign of poor coaching.

If poor coaching is going on then that's the seed of frustration that builds with these guys. It doesn't excuse their actions but it's a sign they care...

I suspend him 2 weeks and tell him his job has to be earned back...

jcmoon and saleem like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Why Silas is even a headcoach while all i read about is John Lucas this John Lucas that all the time lol. Either hire a Real coach or make Lucas one… stop with this game of thrones lol