1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2 Class D felonies and a class A misdemeanor.

From a random legal site

In NY, a violent felony is very serious. For example, a Class D Violent Felony with no prior conviction could carry a minimum 2 ½ year prison sentence. Conviction of a violent felony, with additional violent, or non-violent felony conviction will likely extend the prison sentence.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ron Burgundy has some advice for DD, Bobby and other KPJ stans considering recent events

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This owner is not a basketball club owner, he is one, but he just does not look like one. Smdh.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lay low the Down Low.

5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh for sure, I've never defended him at all when he's acted out, I was just rooting for him to turn his life around with the Rockets and cheered his successes. He deserves significant jail time in my eyes, especially if this is a prolonged thing. I can't dismiss it the way many seem to, he ****ing broke a vertebrae ffs, that's not some mild incident. He's also a 6'5 200lb dude, that's big when roughing up another man, nevermind a woman. That can't be treated the same as a 5'4 130lb dude hitting somebody, he's a LOT more dangerous in real terms. These reports are strongly suggesting if she hadn't got out of that room, something MUCH worse would've been likely. Lock his ass up, if we can find a way to not pay him millions upon millions then even ****ing better.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

I have never been much a a KPJ fan (although I blame Silas for the "Head Honcho" crap) however this completely ruins any positivity I saw with him as a potential 6th man. It is time to get rid of him. He had huge distraction potential anyway once he realized he was no longer the "head honcho" under a real coaching staff. There is absolutely zero excuse for a man to EVER hit a woman.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No Sir, not every opportunity. Just because you have money, it doesn't make you better, it just makes you richer than you were the day before. The person who he was is still there.

I know you guys are perfect and have been fortunate to have great lifes but there are people on the other end who have had things occur in their lives, be it; abuse, single parent homes, poverty, homelessness or whatever, that cause them life long issues.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

reading the story is disgusting. Continually defending this guy didn’t make you a half glass full person. It made you a foolish person. He showed his colors in more ways than one and was a consistent oncourt distraction.

I actually hope he goes to jail otherwise his pattern of escalation foreshadows and ominous future for the next young lady.

#1108 studogg, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No Sir, not every opportunity. Just because you have money, it doesn't make you better, it just makes you richer than you were the day before. The person who he was is still there.

I know you guys are perfect and have been fortunate to have great lifes but there are people on the other end who have had things occur in their lives, be it; abuse, single parent homes, poverty, homelessness or whatever, that cause them life long issues.
    She can't help hereself

iJHolmes likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s kind of easy to forget, but this is a 6’5 guy who pummeled a women. Pretty much every guy on this board would be shaking if some 6’5” dude attempted to beat the sh#t of them. He could have killed her. He needs to do hard time…and I’m sure he will. That kind of rage doesn’t just appear out of thin air. It’s a pattern. No doubt the rockets have seen it before. Organizational management needs to be accountable and heads should roll. You cant coddle and enable a ticking time bomb. This is real life sh#t; much bigger than basketball. Shame on this org.

#1110 Aruba77, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  11. i3artow i3aller

It's not merely about money. Bryan was given every opportunity by the organization and the staff. The man was catered to and placated by everyone at every step along the way and still acted a fool whenever he felt like it. More and more stories are only going to continue to spill out as time goes by which will serve to paint KPJ as the POS many already knew him to be.

slothy420, Jags, cmoak1982 and 6 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Relieved that this will be over one day, I mean his tenure.

Investigation can go on and he will face his judgment day.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

"I'm from 5th ward" "he's only 23" "it's just a mistake" :rolleyes:

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

o_O

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

True words. It's easy to see a guard as small because he looks it on the court, but next to most of us, that's a MASSIVE human being.

16. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jalen posting modeling pics on IG Story.

looks like he won’t back up his twin brudderrr today.

robbie380 likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Would you expect a kid like Jalen to back some **** like that? Jalen's a future star, he's not about to hitch his wagon to some evil bullshit like this.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

you’re insane if you think anyone who values their career is going to even insert themselves into this right now.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, would sit in a bunker, not touching the Interweb. j*k.

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Did a little digging and yep. doesn't excuse him but the kid had **** examples around him.
    [​IMG]