1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in that case . . . KPJ as Rockets' Franchise Player thread incoming

DeBeards likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I really hate to be the one to say I ****ing told ya

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sure it does, her cooperation is crucial to getting a conviction. If she decides to go for a settlement instead and stops cooperating (How most of these things go) it will hurt the prosecutions ability to convict him of the more serious charges.

It matters big time.

DD

5. Buck Turgidson

As far as I know, which isn't far, Silver has the power to put him on "administrative suspension" (barred from NBA activities with pay) any time he wants.

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Donald Trump once said that and well, we know what happen. Just be careful what you ask for.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Actual conversation at my house just now, about KPJ as a basketball player:

My son: Is he any good?
    Me: I've never been a big fan. He's talented, but I just don't think he sees the court.
    My son: Well, he's gonna see a court now.

slothy420, subtomic, Rashmon and 11 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Don't you think Silver is probably making DOUBLY sure they can void that contract? I doubt any NBA player would stand up against that, and it would send a great message to the rest.

But in order to do that, he has to make sure that his case is iron-clad and can't cause backlash with the NBA PA

DD

9. Sengun

Sengun Member

What does this have to do with the Greenwood case? Greenwood came out from the jail after girlfriend withdrew her complaint. It looks like according to the news, KPJ's girlfriend's bones are broken. Additionally, the NBA has proven time and time again that it tolerates violence. In Europe, things don't work that way. Even though Greenwood was released from prison and declared innocent, he was sent to the Spain (Getafe) by Manchester United because the fact that he committed violence did not change.

In the NBA, teams sideline a player for a few games and continue playing him again after his suspension is over. If you have money, you can do whatever you want. Adam Silver is a real money dog and probably if KPJ somehow gets out of prison, they'll give him one season penalty at most and next season this misogynistic terrorist will continue to play for the Rockets because the Rockets. It's just about culture.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, with pay.

I was referring only to the penalties mentioned in the clause I posted. KPj will not be subjected to those penalties listed for failure to comply with an interview request.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On enabling him?

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

she actually has been confirmed to get hit, nothing to speculate here. cut that piece of **** immediately

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am interested to see if Kysree continues to cooperate or she gets a lawyer who suggests she stop and get a large $$$ settlement from KPJ instead as most lawyers do.

And that weakens the prosecutions case - and usually ends up in a lessoning of charges and a plea deal.

More of an observation of the similarities.....Greenwood even married his girl after all that stuff......and they just had a baby.....crazy!

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can you tie the Rockets to a DV case, I doubt it during a vacation.

Porter can sue the NBA though for any unnecessary action, at least appeal to it, punishment to severe and so on.

#774 daywalker02, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Easy likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean there might be something there if this happened at the toyota center and operations were going on, but this is in NY on his own time in the offseason, where the rockets aren't responsible for him whatsoever and nowhere even close to the situation

Easy likes this.
  16. Sengun

Sengun Member

Don't forget that there was a child in the Greenwood case. His girlfriend was pregnant or had just given birth. This makes everything different. Also, we haven't read any reports of broken neck bones there.

There will be an agreement on money and KPJ may well be released from prison, but it would be a disgrace to have such a player in this team after all this. I have no doubt that the Rockets will make this disgrace.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not true. Once charged with DV, the state takes over and the victim doesn’t have to do anything.

This is specifically to prevent things like victim intimidation or victim remorse/regret (fooled by codependency, for instnace) that just continues the cycle of abuse.

DV is completely different. Victims have no authority to drop charges or drop the case, nor as they required to testify.

topfive, daywalker02 and YOLO like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Prosecutors with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office had requested Porter’s bail be set at $100,000 during his arraignment, citing a history of alleged abuse against his girlfriend – including an incident where he rammed his car into hers.

Assistant District Attorney Mirah Curzer had also told the court that Porter, who lives in Houston, TX, is known to have access to multiple firearms, and was arrested out of state in 2020 on gun charges, which were later dropped.

The judge, however, instead set the NBA star’s bail at $75,000 and granted a full temporary restraining order against him.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/12/houst...d-girlfriends-vertebrae-in-nyc-hotel-beating/

i3artow i3aller, Jags and DaDakota like this.
  19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No no his days as a Rocket are over, we don't need him screwing up the chemistry - he needs to go get real help and learn how to be a better human, just like John Lucas had to do when his career ended and he screwed the Rockets with it.

DD

Sengun likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

As well as refusing to drop the weapon when ordered to by police.