1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It’s actually a pretty old term. It means they are gay but closeted in public. Normally carry on full straight relationships and hook up with dudes that are also on the down low.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. I try not to follow them

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. I try not to follow them

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

6. SummitKid83

SummitKid83 Member

And how do you know she is just the victim here?
    Females today especially young females are aggressive,masculine,too much attitude and fight like dudes and attack.We REALLY don’t know.But what we do know is he fd up!

BasketballMind likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not that it matters or that there is anything wrong with it, but it's probably true.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And if thats the outcome, so be it. All Im saying is he made a mistake and we all have made mistakes

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And if thats the outcome, so be it. All Im saying is he made a mistake and we all have made mistakes

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't just refer to homosexuals, it's any kind of relationship that's kept a secret. It became a term for anything you want to keep quiet back in the day, like you'd say "I got something crazy to tell you, but keep it on the DL."

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. SummitKid83

SummitKid83 Member

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only that was a common mistake, it turned into an avalanche just ripping thru everything that stands in its way.

He was lucky he did not choke her into unconciousness.

Things like this could end very badly........if you are going down at 23, that could ruin your life.

It is the destructive potential of Porter that keeps getting worse.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These are the type of person you want to avoid and wish you never encounter.

Next to the Narcissists.

Wild Card Crazy person. If he is not crazy, he is relentless. You be better off.

I am being dead serious.

#694 daywalker02, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I feel kinda filthy reading this type of smut.

No, Silas and Lucas didn't enable KPJ into beating up his girlfriend.

You know what the reality most likely is. If the league abandoned KPJ after the first couple of incidents and no one like Lucus stepped in he'd probably have gone down a hole that would result in something like what happened this week much earlier.

The odds that Lucas and Silas delayed KPJ from doing harm is more probable than those two "enabling " KPJ.

This mindset results in people giving up on problem kids because apparently showing that you care and giving attention now enables domestic assault?

And no I'm not some Silas stan. I've insulted that dude's coaching acumen as much as the most rabid Silas haters here. But this type of rhetoric is stupid.

#695 fchowd0311, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    highpost1388 likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sometimes words fail you, yet you use them anyway because it’s what we do.

What a worthless example of a human being. Such a “tough guy.” According to reports, Porter beats up a woman, has her bleeding from the face, hits her about the body so hard that at least one bone is broken, and this is a woman who made the mistake of caring for the guy.

Sadly, this happens all the time out in the world, and we only hear about this particular incident because it is an NBA player. One that some fans (not me) thought the world of, praising his talent and potential, feelings apparently misplaced. Allegedly, Porter beating up a young woman and putting her in a hospital is another of his “talents.” So, assuming the young woman didn’t beat herself up and this is some sort of bizarre mistake, the organization should cut him, eat whatever part of Porter’s contract the Rockets can’t get out of, and put Mr. Porter Jr. in the rear view mirror.

Whatever egg is on Stone’s face, and there is some for taking yet another chance on this guy, wipe it off and move on.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

John Lucas is a good example of what I hoped KPJ could become, Lucas got tossed out of the league because he couldn't stop doing cocaine, he ruined a Rocket's championship roster because of it, him, Lew Lloyd and WIggins - we lost our 3 best guards because they got caught snorting - and they were all young.

They all rehabilitated but were never the same.

What we hoped was KPJ could learn from their mistakes and not do what they did, or something like what they did.....sadly - that didn't happen, he did something worse.....

And the Rockets get worse because of it, but at least there are other up and comers that can develop - so it is not nearly as tragic roster wise, but is moreso human wise.

DD

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I didn't say it was all Stephen Silas. Don't fill in the blanks. I didn't say Stone wasn't part of it. I mentioned the part of it where Silas coddled KPJ and Green. Which you seem to ignore.

You want to grind your axe on the Stone, go ahead. I won't defend the guy. He certainly looks like an enabler now.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So how long does the NBA need to figure this out?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There is no hurry for them - they will interview everyone on their own - like Porter and his girlfriend and maybe any witnesses - before they make a call.

I suspect the Rox will tell Porter to stay away (they better) until the NBA rules......but this could go months, just my guess.

DD