1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves-Nuggets series has been intense -- we're watching Game 5 live. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They should be punished for it, sure, but I don't think an "end of their career" punishment is appropriate.

The Rockets currently employ 2 domestic abusers in Gerald Green and Calvin Murphy..... are they wrong to do so?

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

kpj is a hotheaded lil sob who has fkd up repeatedly - and the reality of his actions has caught up with him...

screw him... screw the gal who wants to lie and enable his behavior...

have fun playing overseas...

just dont deal with trashy people...

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, I have enjoyed this discussion, I believe the NY DA is corrupt, and that the system is skewed against black people. I believe Kyrse and what she says.

I don't believe the police reports - those that do, just want to, they don't like KPJ, or they are racist, or they have a personal bias, I don't know.....you do you.

I believe the person that was there, none of you were there.

I believe he took a plea deal because it was the fastest way out, and that the DA gave him one that ends with no record, meaning their case was BS.

So, don't care if you don't like it, my belief is based upon the only witness there, Kyrse....

However, he is gone, and I will move on - and I hope the best for Kyrse and KPJ.

DD

allanivan likes this.
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

:) you’re such a nut job, but sometimes you’re legit funny!
    "underage woman connoisseur" is a great e-mail signature

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wrong. It’s actually likely the DA had a strong case to take to trial, but for what was probably a combo of reasons decided to give KPJ a second chance and an opportunity to prove he’s learned from his mistake.

I was once a young dumb kid who was arrested for a mar1juana related misdemeanor. The resolution of my case was a plea deal to a lesser charge that would leave me with no record upon completion of some classes and community service.

The courts had an open and shut case and could have thrown the book at me, but showed leniency with a plea deal. An extremely commonplace practice among 1st time offenders. Didnt make me innocent of the initial crime or mean that the court would have struggled to convict me if I wanted to take my case to trial, it was the complete opposite.

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

A slippery slope no doubt.

If he wasn't such a cancer before, maybe they would have kept him around. That said, anyone who thinks Kyrsie coming out with "he's innocent" is fact is living in a fantasy world.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh he's definitely not innocent. It's possible that the severity of the incident was exaggerated, but he definitely did it and he deserves to miss at least a year of his career over it.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're doing it wrong.

You should throw in some more caps and then go post this on Truth Social for maximum engagement

maypk, DaDakota and Nook like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

GOATuve and daywalker02 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the reasonable one was that he were to stay away from the NBA for a few years and start overseas and earn his way back....

That was what a few of us thought in the beginning.

Also that would kill 2 birds with a stone, solving the head honcho issue and see if KPJ can claw his way back with strong Defense......that would get him back with other teams.

See Patrick Beverley. Prove himself.

11. SamFisher

Penal Law Section 120.00
    Assault in the third degree

A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when:
    With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or
    He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or
    With criminal negligence, he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument. Assault in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.

Penal Law Section 240.26
    Harassment in the second degree

A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
    He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or
    He or she follows a person in or about a public place or places; or
    He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose. Subdivisions two and three of this section shall not apply to activities regulated by the national labor relations act, as amended, the railway labor act, as amended, or the federal employment labor management act, as amended. Harassment in the second degree is a violation.

Nook and maypk like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

And yet liberals keep voting da’s or those that appoint them to office. It is a dynamic I will never understand. Defund the police and then cry or ignore the crime that has filled the void. You should be happy with this DA for treating KPJ so sensitively. Will you still hold him innocence when his girlfriend inevitably sue him? By the way, the head of the ny district attorneys office is black. Claiming racism where there is none, is a setback to racial equality efforts.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Intent /reckless/negligence - not any physical abuse....as I said.....but thanks for posting what I said already and what Kyrse says...he never hit her, at least now people can stop saying he hit her, because it sure seems like according to the plea deal and her testimony he didn't....

Essentially this is arguing in public. Misdemeanors are a bunch of nothingness.

And @Hemingway the DA may be African American but the police that bungled their job and made up the report are not. She is essentially cleaning up after some shoddy police work.

I get it he was rude to some staff people you know - which informs your bias.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People cry why the footage has not been released, reverse the angle.

It is actually respectful to Kysre to not leak it.....it should not be for the eyes of the public to see her at her lowest and see KPJ at his lowest.

She has been lucky that no hotel staff has leaked it.....

REEKO_HTOWN and OremLK like this.
  15. SamFisher

No. "Arguing in public' is Disorderly Conduct which is a violation, that is lower than a misdemeanor.

You simply aren't reading the statute.

He pleaded guilty to 3rd degree assault which is by definition includes causing physical injury even if it was intentional, reckless or negligence.

If they just offered him Disorderly Conduct - aka "arguing in public" - he would have taken that plea, obviously though they had a lot more evidence than that - which is why he got 3rd Degree assault, plus the Harassment violation, plus a sentence of time served via counseling.

Honestly if you just watch "Night Court" you would be more informed than you are about this.

Nook, Tmac1Yao11, kjayp and 4 others like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I might add that the counseling is also a program by the NBA so the Players association might have talked to them.......

They see it integral to rehabilitate athlete DV offenders......esp. first timers.

I read their guideline leaflet in September when that happened.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

Maybe I missed the modified statement. If what she says is true and KPJ didn't assault her how did she sustain all those injuries? And what was her reasoning for changing her statement? I wasn't able to keep up with the details when it happened and the entire incident seems sketchy now.

18. SamFisher

She said she "fell off the bed" and "hit her head on the wall" - that is not really how beds or walls work, but ok whatever. She didn't have to give sworn testimony so we'll never know whether or not it was true.

TheJet, apollo33 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not normally a Sam fan, but that's a pretty funny line

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What are y'all even arguing about?

KPJ won’t even see a professional court until at least 2025. The plea deal may mean probation but no team is going to sign a role player on probation

:D

AroundTheWorld likes this.