1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I guess you can believe the "KPJ was framed man, framed!" narrative just like I can believe the "Screw that violent POS who has repeatedly demonstrated his unfitness" narrative (even if his trauma isn't entirely his fault).

To me, the likelihood of a domstic violence assault being *entirely fabricated* by parties with little-to-no-interest like NYPD or Manhattan DA at 3AM in a midtown hotel room is VERY SMALL - compared to the Bayesian likelihood of a battered spouse/partner changing their story after the fact.

Neither of us will ever be "proven" right - but I'm just glad I don't have to watch that doofus play on the Rockets anymore ever again.

Nook, Easy, Arnel and 3 others like this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Member
    Supporting Member

You are delusional if you think KPJ was going to not act a fool for having to come off the bench. He left the arena for less.

Arnel and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What are you arguing and calling people out about? Do you actually think he didn't hurt this woman? That is what is most important he hurt someone. Leave it at that and move on.

i3artow i3aller and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For me the shoving contest with John Lucas was enough......

I get the double down on takes because there is no way to go other than up ...and up...

Nook and SamFisher like this.
  5. vince

vince Member

I liked KPJ’s ability and talent. He could be someone that a team can lean on to iron-will some wins, especially if the team is not very strong in terms of talent. He’s a solid player that is very talented in his own right, very Hardenesque.

But I don’t know how well he’d do in a much more structured environment like Udoka has established with the Rockets.

We all saw Green get benched, and after that Green came out play with a certain fire and intensity. Would KPJ have thrown a tirade, sulked, or responded with results instead of emotions?

Seems like KPJ was caught in a very tough situation with some very big question marks all around. Doesn’t mean he’ll be exonerated, but there is still a big possibility he will be playing in the NBA in the not too distant future.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"victim" - I was not beaten and abused
    ClutchFans - yes you were! We know exactly how these patterns work because its convenient for him to be off my basketball team.
    "victim" - I was not beaten and abused. <proceeds to give detailed account of an isolated incident> implies that the police report and DA have been distorting facts.
    ClutchFans - poor thing she's caught in the pattern of abuse of a soup thrower.

Next time dont go caping and playing captainsaveaho when you dont have all the details. The lady never "switched up her story" like you dummies claim and has been consistent with the account. It just clashes with your "cancer" narrative here so you play contrarian - its cool thats what happens when you get too far invested in topics early and are too stubborn and egomaniacal to admit that with new information stances can change. Not here you guys and your crystal balls have it all figured out!

I'll definitely be proven right when all charges are dismissed and this kid can get back to earning a living like everyone else and you all can suck your teeth and move on to the next convenient social justice cause.

7. MystikArkitect

I don't speak emoji. Can you explain why you think people are treating Josh Giddey, who doesn't have an extended history of violent outbursts, differently than Kevin Porter Jr, a guy who does have an extended history of violent outbursts?

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im fine leaving it alone. I only chime in when the usual suspects try to take another victory lap when new information gets released. <In my best CJ McCollum voice> Not on my watch!

And do I think KPJ is squeaky clean? Nah. I think they were both in that room fighting, but I also dont think KPJ beat that woman to an inch of her life like so many of you postulated early.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

It's not "captainsaveaho" to say "man this POS who got drunk and beat up his GF in a midtown hotel room at 3 AM is a guy who i don't want on my basketball team, for many many reasons" -it's also fine to suspect the NYPD of racism, it would hardly be the first time. It's also fien to think that both of these things are true.

All of these things are within the "normal" range of decent human being reactions. Life is not an Onlyfans comment thread.

Nook likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Josh Giddey is a pedophile.
    KPJ is a soup throwing brat

"extended history of violent outbursts" --- can count them all in one hand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

screw kpj, and screw "wishing him luck". I hope he learns his lesson, gets punished and matures past this shiit, so that his future relationships and females do not end upin the same situation, but i wish him nothing.

Hes a P.O.S who beat and straggled his girl.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

Get help bro.

Zen Tabak and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

at this point is there any way to turn this into a Sengun thread? asking for a Sengunian friend ;)

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It definitely is when he didnt beat up his GF to the level that you people hypothesized. Even after hearing her say she wasnt beaten down and hearing her account in detail (well most of you apparently just skipped right over her 42 minute interview) you want to cape and say "I know how these things work" and go on to imply that an already successful woman is doing this for the money because "you know how these things work". :rolleyes:

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think he's saying it's because Josh Giddey is white

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I probably hinted at part of Europe treating 15 year olds as 'mature enough' to decide for themselves and that rubbed some guys the wrong way here.....lol shet happenz.

Girls enter puberty as early as 9 or 10 and boys would not understand it......how a few 15 year old have breasts like 20 year olds, it is just nature.

It explains how girls mature faster physically but it does not explain everything of course.

Lol...and then they turned that into me loving Giddey, Giddey is the least player I like about the Thunder, and yes, I like watching the Thunder.

#3957 daywalker02, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pedophiles walk amongst us and some of them are tough on domestic violence - go figure!

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

media was ready to throw Ime’s whole career away for mutual cheating

Giddey’s out here hooking up with high school sophomores, and I haven’t heard much of anything

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Every single thread here is a Sengun thread bro you know that!