1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Reeko, Richie_Rich, napalm06 and 7 others like this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The stuff that did get out was pretty bad and so was the on court sulking.

mikenm268 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Power of athletes.

They can do literally nothing wrong in the eyes of fans.

kjayp likes this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I saw sulking from literally every player last season. What got out? I only recall the C Wood related stuff prior to last year.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

yes

Crashlanded19, Dredd and mikenm268 like this.
  6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

What got out?

LOL do some quick searches.

There's a reason it's well documented from ACTUAL NBA insiders, that he's been a problem on and off the court AND in the locker room.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why can’t you just name a few if they’re so public? I did a few quick google searches and cant find anything besides CWood and Cavs stuff.

If it’s so well-documented why can’t I find articles about it?

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Apparently, some still don't get it.

KPJ has a long history of very, very poor decision making, both on and (especially) off the court.

You're a fool if you think that was suddenly going to change, and if anyone in the Rockets FO actually thought that he would, then they need to be gone as well.

Being a NBA player isn't just about having physical talent and skill, there's the mental aspect to it that is just as (if not more) important.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess we all assumed you read Clutch’s article linked in his pinned thread. Read that slowly.

Those are all the things that were public, or became public after the arrest. It is especially the things that became more clear after the arrest that Clutch lists, which means they were covered up, until then. It is those originally covered up things that led to Jackson Gatlin’s question to Stone on media day.

10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

He's been suspended from every team he's been on. Just his behavior on the court should be enough to know he needed to be gone. Assaulting women, drug possession, driving with a loaded weapon, trying to fight multiple coaches, tearing up a club because the DJ wouldn't play his song, bullying teammates, disrupting practice or not even showing up at all. No telling how much has not even been told.

They look so much better without him anyway.

Thankfully he's done as a Rocket.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard of this weird site called clutchcity dot net but i don't even know if it exists anymore

Anyway i heard the webmaster there posted a weblog on it, you may be able to find it via ask Jeeves

Easy likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

To be perfectly honest, I forgot about the Clutch article. Read it 3 weeks ago on the toilet at lunch. But reading it again, it still doesn't detail any "incidents" last year. Everything after CWood left was just attitude and ego. I acknowledged that at the start. And again, that's why I wanted to see Ime get a CHANCE at actually structuring him because he IS a very talented basketball player even if he isn't a point guard.

If the culture was bad because management was forcing KPJ to play, how is that entirely on KPJ? Sounds like the real source of the bad culture was management dictating to a soft coach and the never-ending losing was too much for a bunch of 19-20 year olds to handle. KPJ having a known bad attitude seems to just be assuming the blame for the entire Rockets dysfunction. And he's not the only changed variable on this Rockets team. AND it's preseason. I loved what I saw in 2 games too but remember last year we went 3-1 and blew out SA by almost 40.

I'm not concerned with the decision to boot him now with the DV stuff. I'm specifically referring to the thought of ditching him before giving Ime a PRESEASON at least with him.

What was covered up? The alleged ramming of his car into his girlfriend's car? Would love to see that report to see if that's an accurate description of the incident or if DA was using it to make her case in arraignment. What else was "covered up?"

What happened last year that was so awful that you wouldn't want to START the season seeing if Ime could make a difference? Ime and Silas are VERY different types of people.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

"The Rockets" in this case is likely Stone. And he thought KPJ was better than everyone. This is the least surprising "revelation" imaginable, even thought it's pretty likely it's bogus info from a bogus source.

napalm06 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Because you're determined that we should hand-feed it to you.

The info you're looking for is all over the web, and in fact is all over this site. But you want "quick google searches" to provide everything you need. Good luck with that.

If you're going to insist on taking a pro-KPJ stance, do your homework and come prepared. This debate has been raging for a while, and even the most steadfast KPJ stans have accepted that his time here* was problematic. Why bust our balls because you're not finding info that's commonly available to NBA fans?

(* And on the Cavs, and at USC, and in high school. Patterns aren't just random events grouped together, they're similar things grouped to show a proclivity or likelihood of those things continuing.)

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think that poster is misrepresenting this stuff as easy to search. Insiders are smart enough to talk vaguely and not call out a player directly, and they did so frequently, talking about the Rockets dysfunctional culture, the way "players" treated the coaching staff, work ethic, the passes "certain players" were given by management, KPJs temper, and more. Most discussion was on Twitter which is very hard to search, or verbal in Rockets Watch from Roosh and Clutch, or sprinkled in snipes at "Rockets culture" by people like Mannix.

Now you're going to try and say none of that was about KPJ, because it was never directly spelled out.

If you think that you are either honestly totally disconnected with Kevin Porter's history (and recent Rockets conversation in general), or are you are trolling. Either way he was arrested on assault and strangulation charges... so may we never speak of KPJ again, barring some miraculous exoneration in court.

#3175 napalm06, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    AroundTheWorld and Believe It! like this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

So angry. My position is a little more nuanced than simply pro-KpJ. More like anti throw away KPJ before giving Ime a chance. If it takes me more than 5 minutes to find it, it’s not “all over the web.” I think you’re inflating the Clutch article.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I am trying to “prove” aka argue (kind of the point of threads) that it would be worth giving Ime a MONTH to see if he could make an impact on KPJ. Even all of the “insider” vague references discuss bad attitude — not real troubling incidents.

and again, I’m saying this BEFORE the DV case.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not angry at all, for the record. Amused would be more accurate.

"I can't find it via a quick google search, so it must not exist!" is a pretty weak take by any standard. But if it works for you, don't let me stop you.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Never said it didn’t exist. I said it’s not “well documented” and “all over the web” if you can’t find it in google searches. And I asked for examples. Seems like it would be easier (and more polite) to respond with examples. But why be helpful when you can mock. You do you.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When I was watching the past game against NO I thought about kpj and how he'd fit into the new team and i just have a hard time picturing it.

Culturally and oncourt wise i just dont see the fit.

Corrosion, mikol13, J Rock and 2 others like this.