1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

What I want is for it to be over.

NBA still investigating? Whats the holdup?

Let some folks get closure so we can move on.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you - we all have done things that we are ashamed of and could get in trouble for.

However - this is a big one. He close punched a woman and choked her...... this is a big deal.

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on this one or get to just move on..... this isn't something that just goes away.

cml750, slothy420, cmoak1982 and 9 others like this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Still unbelievable the dum dums were blind to this ish. So much so, they thought head case was the best dude on the team. Hilarious

pippendagimp and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJ literally hates on other people’s success because he thinks he might get less shine or attention…that must also be a personality trait of his little fan club

How are u throwing tantrums at a teammate, and the game just started? Never seen a scrub act so entitled, and shame on the organization for making him think he’s the one…that he’s that guy

”head honcho”…MFer, please

5. xaos

xaos Member

I can agree with most of that

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

A real coach would've called a TO to sit his ass on the bench. And a real GM would've been ok with it.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

the coach/gm probably don't want to be choked though. understandable

no time to hide all the food and beverages in the locker room area also

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Here's the thing...the coach that held KPJ accountable got rid of him and the other teams that ran proper systems did not outbid the Rockets lowball trade offer. The Rockets were KPJ's halfway house and he failed not only to rehabiltate his image, but he made it much much worse.

Nook, cml750, Dobbizzle and 1 other person like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed, however, we tend to mature over time, and I don't hold 19 year olds who grew up with their father in prison as folks that have had a fair shake, was hoping he would turn it around under tough love, but he got the opposite...here.

And yes, he has made it worse, so much that he needs to go elsewhere to ressurect his career, if even possible.

DD

#3109 DaDakota, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can make it interesting and write a book about it......tons of ways to further make money.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh, he will play ball somewhere, even if it is overseas....just not in Houston.

And if the girl backs out of the prosecution which is often the case, he probably gets another shot somewhere in the NBA.

DD

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know, that is why I am hoping Silver will set a precedent and takes it up a notch........and gets serious about violence against women.

It was done to a former WNBA player.

I think New York is different than other states, and it is tougher to back out of it without at least going through the motions.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

IMO, He won't he will get the same thing as Miles Bridges which was 30 games - Bridges was worse, IIRC....both are horrible......but remember you are innocent in this country until proven guilty, and a lot of these DV cases get borked becaue the victim refuses to cooperate.....especially when there is a potential payoff involved.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Miles' case was not in New York and happening in a hotel which is a public place and the whole world reporting about it.

This was the worst Publicity hitting the NBA directly in its face since those allegations that China had labor camps within NBA facilities or what it was.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So don't hold him accountable for his actions so that he keeps making the same or in KPJ's instance even worse mistakes? That is not how a person matures over time. The Rockets were likely one of the best places for him (i.e., regarding being allowed to play NBA basketball and giving him time to work out personal issues) as they were willing not to hold him accountable for actions that got him kicked off another NBA team. If he was a better player, I think another team would give him a chance. As it stands, he's likely going to have to go overseas and improve there as a player and a person.

I think his decision making carried over onto the floor. I'm hoping that a better decision maker in FVV will help the Rockets a lot more by keeping the ball moving, not having as many turnovers, and by getting back on defense when something doesn't go his way. I will miss his catch and shoot ability. That's about it.

#3115 Joe Joe, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It dawned to me that Silver waited one year long to suspend Joshua Primo (4 Games suspension)

Nobody is daring to touch him during this 'waiting time'. It is dead long.

It can be equivalent to a sentence.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Innocent until proven guilty applies to the government. People and companies should still evaluate issues on a weight-of-evidence approach. The Rockets telling KPJ he's done as a Rocket should tell the 28 remaining teams that he hasn't burned all they need to know unless KPJ has actual evidence supporting that he didn't touch her.

Nook likes this.
  18. CertifiedTroll

So when does KPJ return? I’m excited to see what he will bring with our new acquisitions.

DaDakota likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think the Rox should have held him accountable - and they did a disservice on him as an ASSET by not doing it.

And it bit them in the ass.

Agreed with your take.

well played, sir.

DD

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

KPJ Future Inmates ready to Hard Foul

AroundTheWorld likes this.