1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And he was waived as soon as it came out!

The team can't suspend a player it waived

The league had no real reason to suspend him given he's out of the league. (But now since he's trying to come back, they do)

Neither of these things is the KPJ current status, a radioactive commodity that a delusional Stonetitta thinks is a valuable trade chip.

Hope they enjoy every opposing team reporter (as opposed to the velvet gloves of FeigenIko) asking the players and coaches about KPJ at every media availability from now till he's waived.

Great way to start the season

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So he's gonna wiggle/pay his way out of charges. Then the NBA won't have to do anything of equal severity. The Rockets will hide behind "well we need his salary to make a trade" and hold onto him until this all gets swept under the rug and some desperate team gives him a 3rd chance. This piece of **** is about to make millions of dollars to sit at home.

[​IMG]

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope he goes to jail.

j@amc, Yung-T, HardenReturns and 3 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It has also no bearing on what I think lol.....I am just stating my thoughts.

The Primo case does not demonstrate anything, it demonstrates that the Spurs are eager to waive, the Rockets are not.

I think you mistook me for those that do not know what it means to waive.

I know fully well, I just think this case is not like the Primo case and the Rockets are a far cry from a good organization such as the Spurs.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Me too man. Just don't think that's about to happen given the lack of urgency from all parties.

Crashlanded19 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically athletes are blessed and privileged individuals, the women will either just take a portion of their money that they can make back in the future or they just go back to them.

4 Games for showing your junk could get you fired from any job and blacklisted or blackballed for much longer.

Also the investigation would not take a year....what a joke the NBA proved themselves to be yet again.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Primo case does demonstrate that a team can indeed waive a player prior to the completion of a league investigation.

beardsanity713 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

That’s what happens when you the best shooter on the team

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In any other field the Rockets as an organization would be investigated for plotting, hiding, and conspiring with said criminal .....

Shows you how high above pro sports league teams are.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not have a problem with what you are saying bruh, you addressed the wrong fella.

I kind of agree with Sam Fisher that it might not be an investigation, the Spurs waived him and they just let his file rot away a while until he made a comeback.

Then they dusted off his case file and put 4 games on him which is awfully lenient btw just awful.

Yes, the Spurs reacted rapidly which I am all for ....

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Plenty of good players get waived. I don't know why this keeps coming back. Teams do not need a reason to waive a player. They owe them nothing other than the guaranteed money.

If you need no reason to waive someone, then logic follows that you can't be sued for any reason for waiving someone.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's turn the table and imagine the player is not KPJ but in actuality a likable player who might have made a mistake or played sub par.

As a fan I would have liked to know the reason he was waived or how the team felt about him.....

The fan aspect has to be there......we cannot be the team's minions and always put ourselves in their shoes, I am not doing that.

In a nutshell, the ultimate progress in fan experience is to be in sync with the team rather just being a bystander who has to keep second guessing about every move the GM or the FO makes.

#2832 daywalker02, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Per Adam Silver, the league conducted an investigation of Primo, back in 2022.

Silver was asked that question at a press conference in Mexico City, when the Spurs were playing there in December. The press conference was mainly about NBA expansion to Mexico, but since the Spurs were there, he was directly asked whether the league did an investigation into the allegations of Primo.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

FVV (37.3%) and Aaron Holiday (37.7%) are actually the best career three point shooters on the team, so KPJ doesn't even have that going for him anymore

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He would file a lawsuit or arbitration and that is worse it drags this on - best to just let it simmer and for the Rox to do whatever they want on their schedule.....screw what the fans say or think we don't matter.

DD

fattz likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

OK arbitration then, and KPJ would win, because they would be waiving a player that they believed in for something that due process hasn't finished in and the league is actively in an investigation.

The smarter thing to do is to work with the league.

DD

hlmbasketball and fattz like this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yeah, but the thing is, only way he wiggles out is if the girl is not cooperating with the DA, so that she can go after his money... That's the difference between deadbeats and millionaires: everyone wants to protect the "golden goose", at the expense of justice..

Dankstronaut and fattz like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With DV it might go automatically to the DA........she cannot obstruct evidence finding - it is all on her body and in medical examinations......

They can cut a deal and he gets minimum and just community service.

The worst case scenario his suspension is lenient and he can get back to the league ...... I hope at least he will be washed up enough to just be a 12th man....to be waived by any team ......the Rockets will never see him again other than the blowouts against his team.

He doesn't really seek help and he just goes on being a nuisance.

#2838 daywalker02, Sep 30, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    HardenReturns likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[
    Wrong again because as has been stated, teams are explicitly allowed to waive players at any time for any reason.

There's no due process requirement.

Just stop telling people what the "smarter" thing is when you haven't bothered to do any background research. You're not capable of making that judgement.

Earlier in the thread you were mad at being unfairly piled on for liking KPJ too much and people trying to implicate you for his crimes. You were right, and that was unfair.

But, you invite it on yourself with goofball stances like this.

20. Amadeus Rooster

Can we get the #1 draft pick bc of this or what?

Give Amen and co a top 2024 player to learn with. Plus the pick from last year too?