1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Fans have no outcome control over KPJ. Perhaps those that have defended him will be more cautious next time - but that is about the extent of it.

The Rockets organization deserves some criticism for enabling him and excusing and overlooking his behavior - and hopefully they are held accountable for that and learn from it.

At the end of the day Kevin Porter made the decision to either not get proper help and to physically attack someone that did not deserve it.

People like that deserve to be in prison because they are dangerous.

While it is a sad story - Porter has received lots of chances and there are many others with a similar background and mental make up that did not get lots of opportunities.

Live and learn and be grateful he didn't kill anyone.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nook brought it up plenty of times. DD always looked for ways to excuse it. When it was a topic on one of the Rockets chat, DD spammed the chat asking for folks to prove it. Here is the thing, the only reason DD gets called out is because of how far he takes his KPJ defense, which includes accusing others of being haters and poor judges of character. The signs were there. The delusions of grandeur were there. Now, we are left with a woman assaulted, $16M down the drain unless we can get out of his contract, and a media circus around a very young team trying to move on from a rebuild. **** KPJ.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....um, he doesn't deserve a penny because he beat up a woman. PERIOD.

He doesn't owe you **** as a fan - mr hot take guy who can't read a room.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. I didn't even know about the Cleveland situation. I was fooled into thinking it was just a locker silly issue.

The shame here is not on fans like me who were fooled. Shame is on the Rockets and the PR attempts to hide & protect a monster.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong. there's plenty of posts from DD addressing this. the receipts are all over this board and the cleveland incident was brought up from the beginning and was well known

sounds like he went onto the watch, trying to backtrack and act like he wasn't defending kpj for years now while folks brought up every single incident that has happened to date.. Yeah that definitely isn't something that's going away any time soon

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

So I say its okay to think whatever you want him as a basketball player, and your response was again to talk more about basektball. I'm not on a high horse, and who cares about Rockets PR at this point. There are lot more serious things going on here. So again, I'm not here to about him as a basketball player, nor what you could have predicted about his character from his play.

Why are you going at DD for liking him before?

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Felicia needs to chill and stop being a smart a$$ googling and making quotes that she pretends to know, in my humble opinion.

Little Bit likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I see nothing wrong with DD defending KPJ's character in the past year because he sincerely thought KPJ became a better person. And these observations are from a distance also.

I thought he became a better person to.

If anything people like Dakota are the most disappointed and angry

BigMaloe, Xopher, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I hope he uses this moment to eventually turn things around in his life. But he can’t stay on the Rockets. He’s gonna have to trudge a few years through the non-NBA wilderness now, so long as his domestic abuse charge doesn’t have him doing jail time first.

It’s not even controversial what should happen to him. Miles Bridges would be the best case scenario of returning and keeping his job on the same team, but he hadn’t exhausted all his previous second chances the way KPJ’s done. Goodbye

11. dobro1229

Gotcha. Missed that part. DD can go crazy sometimes for sure. I just wouldn't expect DD to be the type of person who wouldn't excuse violence against a women. DD is crazy for sure, but I would like to think he has a moral backbone.

BMoney likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but it was never disclosed as an open document or open statement that he was mentally unstable or crazy. Danger to society.

That was the responsibility of the Houston Rockets.

It was natural for people to think someone can be fixed until they cannot be.

dobro1229 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

Gotcha. Thanks.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

congrats to dd for blasting a player who assaults others and break bones! He seems to know where to draw the line.

The same dd downplayed kpj’s on and off the court erratics massively and argued that a lot of other players pout and quit plays like kpj.

clutchdabear and DaDakota like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

anyone with eyes could tell he’s mentally unstable tho

KPJr beating up his girlfriend isn’t a surprise to me at all

the only thing to wonder about KPJr was when his next incident would be

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....this reminds me of a Maya Angelou quote: "when people show you who they are, believe them!"

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Most of us knew the guy was trash and couldn't believe the contract he got last year. Now it appears he won't be here anyway and made the transition away from him less awkward.

Bright side Cameron Payne is now available ;)

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol dude. This post hoc gotcha is so toxic.

No, no sinlge posters deserves shame because they thought KPJ changed. We all observed from a distance. Some people merely guessed right.

I pray that those who are claiming they were always right aren't narcissists who now will use this to claim they are ultimate judges of character and morality. Because that shows a large character flaw also.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Waiting for @ApacheWarrior’s mature response

jordnnnn likes this.