1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What are the incentives for SIlver to void the contract.....though....you misunderstood me. I have been just wanting answers.

You could have said it the first time instead of answering the 4th time now? Instead I had to pull it out of your nose.

Basically those 2 options you mentioned have a miniscule probability of happening.

#2741 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Rockets can certainly try to trade him. I never said they couldn't. If that's the case, then they obviously wouldn't waive him immediately.

I was simply responding to the idea that they were not allowed to waive him.

Who knows what the Rockets are thinking. They can even keep him if they like.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also never said they were not allowed but I just entertained the idea of an intervention by Silver, a one time thing because he thinks the Rockets are hiding something and it needed to be investigated.

Most of us wanted him waived the first minute we heard the news.

If the Rockets were investigated, I doubt they were in the mood for waivings ......just my 2 cents.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Rockets waiving, keeping or trading Porter has zero to do with a league investigation of KPJ and/or the Rockets.

The league will still investigate regardless of his roster status.

saleem, Rashmon and SamFisher like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay, yeah, I would have wanted a statement. I would still believe something is interconnected because you would need some stability to make your moves, and a PR hit like this can make you shiver in your bones and tend to force your hands.

Well, they can keep KPJ for all that I care, I do not have to like it.

Never the less, from a roster building stand point, keeping him is the dumbest option.

He has been massively overrated on this team for years now.

And it would screw with the organization, the bench is pretty depleted.

#2745 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2023
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Pulled what out of me? Silver’s right to void is documented throughout this thread. I didn’t know I had to specifically re-address that with you.

Seems like you are wanting to speculate on motives for league/team (in)actions. That’s not really my interest in this, although I did suggest on Day 2 why the Rockets might not take any action, immediately.

Sorry I won’t speculate on motives more with you. Someone else will, though, I’m sure.

Rashmon likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You tagged me 3-4 times beforehand because I know your meticulous nature cannot tolerate any speculations but you had to quote me.

I was not even addressing you. I felt like I had to answer though.

No problem, just do not quote/respond to me, peace out.

And nope, I have not experienced a commissioner voiding a contract in my lifetime.....I have not heard of examples.

I suspect the Player Association has something to say about that.

#2747 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2023
  8. heypartner

Relax, partner

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the questions you’re asking, or speculating on motives. I’m glad people are.

I thought I was helping by answering some of the questions you directed at me. It’s just the last one, about pulling something out of me, sounded like you may think I was holding back my opinion. I truly just don’t have one wrt what the team or league might be thinking.

But again, glad others are asking such questions.

cheers

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It came out more aggressively than it should, I respect that you have other interests within a subject or topic which I have no problem with.

I just want you know that I fully understand what you were getting at but I wanted to speculate more, nothing less and nothing more.

The whole subject and KPJ issue is nerve wrecking, for me especially.

Not because of said person and issues but DV is something that I covered for a few years now. (not openly)

I would want swift justice.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No, its not going to be a year from now - The league is going to take action before the season starts.

They are not going to **** around and let KPJ suit up. He'll be suspended before opening day. The real question is for how long ....

Yeah, the legal case is likely to take much longer ....

So long as it occurs prior to opening night, they won't be on the hook for any $$ to Porter beyond the already guaranteed $1m.

#2750 Corrosion, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    topfive likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Based upon the Miles Bridges case, I would expect 30 games.

DD

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Miles Bridges missed an entire season + 10 games, the 30 games "with 20 games already served" is an arbitrary figure the league threw out because Bridges already missed a whole season when he chose not to sign the qualifying offer after his DV incident.

KPJ will at minimum miss an entire season, but more realistically his career is done entirely because no team was interested in him even before his suspension.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KPJ being toast is the only good thing about this. Screw those 2nd-100th chances.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. heypartner

fwiw: right now, KPj has $16.8m guaranteed by his contract.

Nook likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A good time to investigate and come up with a verdict now that all eyes are on the Bucks, Dame and the Jrue sweepstakes.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think it depends on what the CBA says, are there guidelines in there for DV cases? Whatever the punishment the Union needs to be on board.

How many games did Artest get for going into the stands and fighting? That might be the closest thing in punishment to this.....

DD

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

138 pages of spam and no action by the NBA. Lame.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Artest was hit with an 86-game suspension, Stephen Jackson drew 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal drew 25 – which was reduced to 15 games on appeal.

20 year anniversary almost.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh right Artest had a history, so that is probably not jermaine.....

DD

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

You expected head case to be an All Star so......

Based on that rational 30 games is more like career over.

saleem likes this.