1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuckmose, Sep 11, 2023.

?

What will happen to KPJ?

1. Miles Bridges 2.0, a 30 game suspension and the whole thing is pushed under the rug

14.3%
  2. OJ Mayo 2.0: KPJ gets a massive suspension and is all but black-balled out of the NBA

61.7%
  3. Aaron Hernandez 2.0: Bridges serves actual hard time

24.1%
  1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

His high draft pick selections have been great and at worst he’s brought in too much talent by using too many selections in the first round.

He also proved he could offload draft picks that we didn’t need at minimal cost; so what I say is using too many selections - he’d say he was taking extra chances at landing special talent. In the end, I’d probably agree with him. In the moment, it frustrated me.

I thought Tilman was cutting cost with Stone’s hire and that we would move on quickly. I was wrong.

Stone has been solid. I’ve been pleasantly surprised

DaDakota likes this.
  2. cdastros

cdastros Member

Didn't John Lucas also give up on KPJ?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

Stone couldn't even get Mobley to workout for us thanks to his KPJ obsession.

4. studogg

His high draft pick selections have been great and at worst he’s brought in too much talent by using too many selections in the first round.

He also proved he could offload draft picks that we didn’t need at minimal cost; so what I say is using too many selections - he’d say he was taking extra chances at landing special talent. In the end, I’d probably agree with him. In the moment, it frustrated me.

I thought Tilman was cutting cost with Stone’s hire and that we would move on quickly. I was wrong.

Stone has been solid. I’ve been pleasantly surprised
    I’m happy with the draft selection we made.

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How hard is it to pick in the top 3 or 4? He’s taken the consensus pick that’s fallen to him every time. I could’ve looked at any mock draft each year and done the same, Stone isn’t anything special.

YOLO and clutchdabear like this.
  6. studogg

I’ve seen many misses. Morey hates the draft so much he trades out of it.

go and look at the top four picks year in and year out. There are big misses in nearly every single one.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bingo. His Stans roll out the red carpet for something that teams already made the decision for him. He picked up scrubs like Garuba when he really had a number of better choices. Clearly failed in that regard. Tyty was a waste of a pick and they ended up just dumping him for nothing

topfive likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No Soup For You

Trash

i3artow i3aller and J.R. like this.
  9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Never forget the time KPJ pouted for an entire possession because Jabari didn't pass the ball straight to him.

Nothing is sadder/funnier than Green looking at KPJ twice to confirm KPJ is actually quitting blatantly during a possession.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

at least we found out sooner rather than later. imagine if he did this after we owed him more money? i really wanted to get rid of him a while ago, but was willling to give him a second chance if he came off the bench and became that sparkplug and accepted his role as a team player. i'm sorry kevin that you ruined your life. i hope that you find salvation in jesus christ. only the big man above can change someone from within and exorcize those demons he has.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sengun and Eason were hardly consensus top picks

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I never liked KPJ, and I never thought he was good enough to even remotely be worth the distractions he clearly brought. And I didn't even know how bad of a person he really was. I tried to give him a chance, but something about him always seemed fake, manipulative, and just off.

Get him the **** out of here already.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. Should've been benched for a few games based on just that one play. Superstars can get away with occasional crap like that, but not guys who already should be on short leashes.

I'm just glad he's going to be someone else's headache now. Like the Manhattan DA's office.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's crazy we allowed this bullshit. But yeah, Stone had shotgun seat to the Harden Royal treatment, so this was minimal.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He's going to go down as one of those guys who had it all but was too big of a loser to handle his own success. He could have been great, but instead he will probably be dead by 30. KPJ is the kind of dude they write cautionary tales about. Such a waste.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kevin, Jail Alone.

18. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Welp, looks like the great Rafel Stone dumped even more draft assets to clean up his mess, and to give Tillboy his MVP, Luxury Tax Savings.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We can add [Official] at the beginning of the thread title now.

daywalker02 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

get ‘er done OP

Easy likes this.