1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will return as Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 3, 2014.

?

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to bring back Kevin McHale for 2014-15?

1. YES

99 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. NO

651 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

This news is worse than getting eliminated last night.

Be sure to tell Morey how big of a mistake this is: twitter.com/dmorey

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Ugly. Really ugly.

What is the explanation for this? We have an out and we aren't even gonna use it? Ridiculous

3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Exactly. You think any All Star assistant coaches would want to work under a dumb coach like McHale? They would have no respect for him. It's the same thing as working for an idiot boss who you're smarter than. You're going to have zero respect for the man and that's going to affect your performance.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Howard is probably one of the people who talked management into keeping McHale in the first place.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm going to speak to my family about buying the team from les….not joking.

6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I knew it. I didn't get why people here were acting like he was already fired.

Gary Kubiak v.2

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Les Alexander and Daryl Morey with a big **** you to the rockets fan base

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm glad Morey and the Rockets aren't reacting emotionally to the first round loss.

Yes, we could've won with perfect micromanagement by McHale but if you need coaching expertise to barely win, it means

Terrance Jones and whatever other crap we had at PF cost us this series MUCH MORE than McHale. If Morey can upgrade PF with an all-star caliber player, that will be the first step to advancing past the first round next year.

If you forget the name, would you fire a coach that took the Rockets from 34 wins to 45 wins the next year to 54 wins (tied with Miami and Portland for 5th best record) and home court in first round in a ridiculous Western conference? If you're being objective, the answer is obviously "no".

10. pass_to_Hakeem

11. clutz

clutz Member

Fire GM Daryl Morey! Find compromising recording of owner Les Alexander!

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Well so much for that...Fans deserve better...I was seriously gonna purchase my season tickets for next season, and if this bears weight, I will definitely not!!! The Rockets are totally limited by the ineptitude of coaching. Everyone saw this last night except the only people that matter: Morey and Les...

Bring in a defensive guru and an offensive mind, bc who the heck knows what Mchale is coaching anyways???

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

****. I would bet it's Les who likes McHale and the cachet of a big name as head coach and wants to keep him around against Morey's wishes because Morey is too smart to not understand McHale's deficiencies.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

In what world is ensuring that the best shooter on the team doesn't get a wide open 3 perfect micro managing. McHale's mistakes are glaring and repeated. Average coaching wins the series for the rockets in 5.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

Morey is overrated on here. This is a bone-headed move and I wouldn't care to see him gone.

Great, just put the remaining years Dwight has left to waste. What an excellent choice. :mad:

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not surprised. No offense but listening to the fans for coaching advice isn't something I'd recommend.

However I would be shocked if they didn't hire a high caliber assistant to replace Sampson.

McHale is a bottom 10 coach, but that doesn't mean he's not a good coach for your star players which is the most important factor for head coaches anyways... Which is putting your stars in a position to maximize their abilities.

17. houtown

houtown Member

Well, that was quick. I thought it would be wise to sit on the loss before making a move but i guess they have to show they are confident. This wasn't a wise move in my opinion. But it isn't my organization.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

The problem with this is your contention is that McHale "sucks" as a coach.
    I disagree.
    I think we missed Kelvin Sampson. His exit on the team just before playoffs hurt a lot.

19. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

They can bring in Melo, Love, Rondo or anyone else but the Rockets still won't win it all with McFail as the coach.

I guess great coaching is overrated by DMorey.
    Oh well here comes another 1st rd exit next season.

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's not happening