1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will return as Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 3, 2014.

?

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to bring back Kevin McHale for 2014-15?

1. YES

99 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. NO

651 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The only reason to keep McHale would be to attract KLove. I hope something is going on behind the scenes, or else this is pathetic! He did essentially nothing to help us beat the Blazers!

2. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Welp. Another wasted season next year. At least the regular season will be exciting.

3. texansalltheway

Morey is running the show, and he desperately wants kevin love

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

are you ****ing kidding me

5. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

We've seen this song sung before at Kirby.

Im really praying this is just a rumor.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'm sure I'm in the minority but this hardly effects anything in my perspective. Building a better staff and roster is more of a priority since I think McHale was brought here to be a leader and delegator not a basketball savant. I think he has done exactly that so this isn't THAT unexpected to me.

Let's just hope the roster and rest of the coaching staff is filled with promising talent and McHale continues to make things run smoothly in the locker room and things will be fine.

Yes I realize I am generally WAY more optimistic about things then the general clutchfans poster.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brutal last-second loss to Portland will not cost Kevin McHale his job, per source. Rockets will bring McHale back for 2014-15.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/462705405232427008">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As long as we keep making the playoffs McHales not goin anywhere

9. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

This is the equivalent of giving Josh Smith a $90 million dollar contract Daryl. If tihs **** really happens I will think so much less of him as a GM.

10. jayland

jayland Member

Please hire a good defensive assistant. Not sure if Lionel Hollins would take an assistant gig. What about Lawrence Frank? Is he bored of "writing daily reports" for the Nets yet?

11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Fk Les and Morey.
    Your not serious about winning is all.

12. clutz

clutz Member

Bill Simmons will have fun with this one.

13. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

What are the Rockets thinking? We gave up our home court advantage but he still stays?

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why are we the one team in the league that has a coach so inept that he needs an All-Star crew of assistant coaches to help him do his job? I don't recall Doc Rivers losing control of the Celtics when Thibs left to coach the Bulls. Carlisle survived Stotts going to the Blazers. Pop has had a ton of assistants get head coaching gigs. If McHale sucks so bad that he needs great assistants to cover for his shortcomings, then maybe we should just make things easier and replace the guy at the top.

15. NickKent

NickKent Member

Lost respect for Morey with this decision.

16. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

:mad:

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

As expected. My big Q-who will McHale/Morey target as the new Defensive coach ?

Think someone would join us who could make a great head coach also "eventually" ?
    Coaching Howard/Harden is pretty good resume fodder.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

This is the Mack Brown situation all over again minus the past success. Why in the hell are you preaching better assistants when you can just get a new head coach. News Flash: the best basketball minds tend to have head coaching jobs

19. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

****ing same.

WTF is he ****ing thinking? Howard's career is about to be ****ing ruined by this stupid ****ing decision.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member