1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will return as Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 3, 2014.

?

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to bring back Kevin McHale for 2014-15?

1. YES

99 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. NO

651 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This, this THIS

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

If you look at what cost Rox the playoffs, it was those little things here and there. A well-coached team takes care of those little things.

Rox is not a well-coached team. They win games based on their pure talent.

I am afraid it is another wasted year for Rox.

So Rox management believe giving McFail one more year and he will win you the championship, really? Rox is not even close to contend under his coaching.

#22 ivanyy2000, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Do coaches really grow after 4 or 5 years on the job? McHale was a bad coach in Minnesota and he's been mediocre at best here. He is what he is. You bring him back and odds are the issues that have plagued this team will persist. And like I've said repeatedly. The Rockets have only 2 more years left on Dwight's deal. They don't have the luxury of wasting another season.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

WTF done with this team

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this quite possibly could be the worst thing that could happen.

The Rockets lost this series primarily to poor poor coaching.

I dont even know where to begin with the issues i saw - and I have not coached basketball at all but just using some common sense and having watched and played for over 20 years there are some truths that hold true at any level.

When your team has two dominant offensive players and there are no real sets or plays and it took them until the THIRD game of the series to run the most lethal offensive play they had I do not know what to say.

It will be really tough for the Rockets to make it past the first round in the west as McHale as their coach as I would say almost every other coach in the west is better than mchale with the except of Scott Brooks and he has all world talent on his team to make up for it.

I like McHale i think he is a good guy too but if he returns a whole new much more strategic coaching staff is in order.

1 person likes this.
  6. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

well, if that's the case, i hope we get new assistance that can perform his job well

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I feel hopeless.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Alright guys, if you go out there and try harder maybe we'll win it this time!!! No sticky ball, ball movement, body movement; a hold, a hoop, a hold, it's over! On three...

10. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Not THAT bad... Just surround him with veteran assistants, especially on the defensive side.

11. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

MOREY, NEVER GO FULL r****d. As lovable McHale is, you can't fix stupid. We better hire the best offensive and defensive assistants the world has to offer. But, why the hell would they want to work for a shlub like McHale when he's their superior. We are F***ED!

12. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well their goes next season. Is Morey even paying attention to the games?

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Hmm....it seems like I'm not supporting a team dedicated to winning. I am also a ravens fan, and the difference between the Baltimore Ravens and the Rockets organizatinal-wise is night and day.

We have management problems and a owner who's satisfied with being a fringe playoff team. It's quite depressing really. How in anyway is mchale coming back is nothing short of a miracle.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Milk Hair must have serious black mail for him to keep his job.

16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Who the hell are these mysterious 'good assistants' anyway

17. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm definitely saving my money on league pass next year.

#playhard
    #ballgotsticky
    #igotnothin

18. NickKent

NickKent Member

Are you ****ing kidding me? Maybe our front office is more moronic than we thought..

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

And instantly clutch fans goes into panic mode.

20. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

are you ****ing kidding me