1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will be TNT guest analyst for Rockets-Warriors game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2016.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

To be completely honest, McHale did not deserve to be fired.

The players got him fired by continually putting out crappy effort on the floor.

McHale wasn't the best at his job but I thought he was good enough for us to win. He didn't know his X's and O's as well as fans would like but he brought a certain confidence and experience as a player to the fold that was very underrated. Before this season, I thought that unless we had Pop or any of the 3-5 best coaches in the league, McHale was the best coach for the Rockets.

Like he said in his interview, I think the Rockets would be in a much better place had they kept him or at least waited a month. If there is anyone that could have meshed this group together, McHale was probably the best available person for the job.

Firing your coach during a season, basically signals a white flag around the rest of the league that you give up on the season.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are plenty of Pros that don't know how to eat to stay in shape.

Lowry just started adjusted his eating last off season.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Did you not actually read what I said? Did I make any excuses for him being overweight? No. Of course there are no excuses for that. But having a bad sprain does explain a lot of things about his play this season (lack of dunks, career low attempts in the paint, career high three attempts a game, lacking his first step, handles slower) He's only just starting to look like himself from last season.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Man its so sad that he is better then JB...

Morey needs to get fired, they threw away the season the minute they fired him.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Charles said McHale & his wife moved out to Phoenix

re: Hassan Whiteside fans

All three agreed he's too inconsistent. Once-a-week player.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Pretty sure Morey didn't want to fire Mchale.

8. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I miss mchale..... such a nice guy. Honestly believe we'd be in the same spot or better with him. J.B is just mchale v2 beta version. Not as good.

9. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Phoenix is horrible. Now Tucson, that's a good place..

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Shaking my head at Shaq thinking he's legitimately an all time great in the post. He's a bull dozing bully that got away with so much.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The average joe has a good idea, so how can a pro not? They have a kitchen in the lockrr room..personal chef and nutritionist..if Harden didnt know exactly what to eat, there were tools available to him. No excuse.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Most likely all Les... Morey recounted once how he had to talk Les out of firing Adelman at the beginning of one season.

There's another story where Rick thought Les was a psycho. He was passing him by one day at the TC when Les suddenly just unloaded on him. He started shouting at him because of how the team was performing at the time.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you only need 1-2 post moves to be great. Hakeem was an anomaly.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Phoenix sucks. Move to Scottsdale.

Hassan Whiteside is such a clown on Snapchat.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think McHale also fell in line with Morey's gameplan. I think that's also what made JB attractive to the Rockets. I don't see a coach like Thibs dealing with the roster turnover that we have. Most coaches want a bit of the GM duties, I think McHale legitimately just wants/ed to coach.

Still, he let this team get away with far too much. We need an analytics friendly coach who isn't afraid to ruffle feathers. To me, that screams young coach with balls. Can JB grow a pair?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That was oct 8...he needed 4 months to be be himself? And he came into camp able to run..so you can even push it to needing 5+months to come back from an ankle sprain. Thats ridiculous, unless he completely tore up his ankle, which wasn't the case.

#157 RV6, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Dwight could play like Shaq in today's game. Who knows.. Shaq is an offensive foul each and every post play. So which move are you talking about? The hip check knocking the opponent back, the shoulder ram, or the elbow hook? Those were Shaq's moves.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You've never rolled your ankle badly before have you?

20. dream2franchise

Shaq is both. He was a brute for sure, that shoulder would knock a defender back three feet if he got them (Likely can't get away with that today as often).

But he was extremely quick for his size, nimble and had above average footwork.

Hakeem wouldn't be able to 'stop' 2000 Shaq, but Shaq wouldn't be able to stop 93-95 Hakeem either. It would be an even battle until it came down to free throw time...and we know who'd win that one.