1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will be TNT guest analyst for Rockets-Warriors game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of reminded me of Rudy sometimes
    with Mediocre talent RUDY WAS ALL WORLD
    With all world Talent . .. Rudy did not look as good

Rocket River

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good post Dobro. What is going to be real interesting to see is how this team finish's out these last 28 games because they currently stand at .500 with a record of 27-27. I wonder what Les Alexander will do if they finish under .500 and possibly miss the playoffs? Personally I don't think anyone's job would be safe if the above happens.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Unless the lotto balls bounce our way and we get a top 3 pick. The Les would probably insist on re-hiring JBB and giving Brewer a raise.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks. Oddly enough it might very well be Montrezl Harrell that ends up getting Morey fired.

To give Harrell that extra year to avoid him pulling a KJ/Landry 1 year power play, Morey essentially hard capped the team. And why wouldn't he? Who would have thought that they'd need to extremely overhaul the team because they were that bad?

I too think that nobody is safe if the Rockets don't make the playoffs. We know damn well that Les does NOT like to get embarrassed and there would be few things more embarrassing than that happening. I don't necessarily think it is Morey's fault, but his head might very well roll just to make an example of that Les doesn't F around.

Morey's got alot of work to do to at least clean up the roster by the trade deadline (get Les below the tax if they aren't a playoff contender & get assets/young players back while keeping Harden), or he's got work to do to turn it around and get better players that can make a miracle sprint to the finish (which is foolhearted this later in the season IMO).

The thing that has me worried for Morey's tenure is that you keep on hearing that what Morey is trying to do is to acquire shooters like Lou Williams and Nick Young and to pitch Durant (when again we have a situation without cap space available).

I love Morey but if this is really the case I sort of feel like he's just spinning his wheels here. Players here aren't hitting threes because they aren't as good a shooter as Lou Williams. Lou Williams is only going to shoot as good as his team allows him to shoot in their offense with the players he plays around that make him better. Then there is the Durant pursuit which is just ugh... its exhausting to go through this every year, and Les has to be exhausted by this every year too putting his faith in Morey & co. to go mega team or nothing.

I'm rarely critical of Morey and again I don't think he deserves to be fired, but yeah its a real possibility with Les. He's fired others for much less.

5. jump shooter

LOL. If not Les may be tired of that infamous spot in the draft (14th pick) that the rockets have drafted from many times. Not to many good players in that area of the draft (Kawhi Leonard cough cough) LOL. Hopefully they can make the playoffs and avoid that.

6. jump shooter

Agree. Personally I think this team is very talented and their a good coach away from being consistently good with of course a few tweeks here and there. Lets hope they don't panic and blow the whole thing up.