1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale on open court NBATV right now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Freik, Jul 20, 2015.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Gentry is a great head coach but Karl & McHale even though they have had substantially more success? Okay...
    #2 I get it, it is McHale's fault if they lose but he plays no part in them reaching the WCF without two starters? Sure....
    #3 The Rockets are approaching the hard cap, making it hard to move Jones. Please tell me who they can get that is as good or better than Jones for roughly 1.5 million? He also has limited trade value, so at worst we use him and let him walk.
    #4 The Rockets do not get Lawson w/o Pap's contract. Morey made the contract that way with the specific ability to trade it!

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Late to this discussion and its off the current topic, but I thought the first video's discussion on the current trend for big men and how it's going to be more important for bigs to have good footwork and to be able to guard the perimeter fascinating. They showed clips of AD, but part of me got excited at the thought of how Capela might develop for us. He's shown some of that ability, skill and footwork.

Anyone else see potential for him in this area? I really hope we hold onto him and think he might be the perfect big in the current and near future style of NBA.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

If he adds some more to his offensive play, he'll be great. He needs to learn to bang down low and get good shots from in close and how to spread the floor and hit the midrange every now and then. I think to be a championship-caliber team, at least one of your bigs need to be able to hit shots from the perimeter. Looking at the past few years, every team has had a consistent threat from the perimeter starting at the 4 or 5. Draymond, Duncan, Bosh, Dirk, Pau, Garnett, and so on.