1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale: "Harden came in overweight" and more from TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We only lost by 13. We really proved our critics wrong.

REDEMPTION

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How many of you came to post on the bbs overweight?

I will begin a Its Hard En To Get Fit camp this weekend. Meet me at Treasures. 12-2 am.

3. conquistador#11

new move harden is working on? Bowling step. technically it's not travelling.

[​IMG]

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good grief, you people. McHale didn't acquire players that don't work well together. McHale didn't invent Moreyball. McHale didn't injure DMo's back. McHale didn't convince Josh to sign with the Clippers. McHale didn't rip the desire to play defense out of Harden's chest.

McHale warned us coming out of the preseason that this team was not ready to start the season. He knew there were problems. But these problems weren't caused by the coaches. Injuries during training camp and the preseason didn't allow us to incorporate the new players into a stable rotation.

I realize that coaches are easy targets, and are usually the first to get blamed. But, remember that Mcahale coached this team to 56 wins last season. He may have been able to right the ship and save this season, but we will never know since he got fired after only eleven games. A firing that was criticized by pretty much everyone around the league.

We all make jokes about the Kings organization. But, Les and Morey are looking pretty inept themselves.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Covered the spread!

#Pursuit

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, you're a joke. You told us Harden was a gym rat all off season working on his game and had no distractions when we clearly told you he looks out of shape and didn't work on improving his game.

7. basketballholic

Harden has always been overweight. He's never come to camp in tip-top shape. Harden has never played one single game without being oversight.

Very simply, Harden doesn't take care of his body and he never has. Harden has become a superstar on his immense talent. He has sooo much talent it's unreal.

But. .....sadly, unless he decides to take care of his body, the peak of his career will be shorter and won't reach as high as it would had he taken care of himself. I'm hoping Les and Morey are talking to him about this. And I hope that if he doesn't change his lifestyle that we sell on him before his performance sinks like a rock. Because if he doesn't change he's got maybe, maybe 3 more seasons at most of playing at this level before it catches up to him.

Character and lifestyle are what separates Steph Curry from Harden and the rest of the uber - talented NBA set.

#27 basketballholic, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden strikes me as a dude who would go broke shortly after he retires.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Remember one of the only threads I've ever created? He was jacking up 10 plus 3s a game bc he wasn't in shape. People went off on me for saying that.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That is not what I said. I merely said I disagreed with the notion that he was barely in the gym all offseason like some people tried to say. Of course he had distractions and was out of shape to start. Disappointing, sure, but people went way overboard with it. I don't give Harden a pass, but I just don't think he's been an outright disaster, either. If you do not share that opinion, that is fine.

Obviously you will choose not acknowledge this statement and continue to spout whatever you want to spout, which is what you seem to enjoy doing, so really I don't care to change your mind. Maybe my previous post was worded poorly or taken out of context. Maybe that's my fault. But I get it, man. You don't like me. You aren't looking for much of a discussion. You're just childishly looking to sling mud and have a bunch of pissing contests, which is, as I said, not my style.

Therefore...as always...have yourself a good day, my friend!

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Put me on ignore.

You have a bunch of stupid posts. Almost every other post of yours exhibits total lack of basketball knowledge and I'll call you out for that. I'm not giving idiocy a free pass. If you can't deal with it, like I said put me on ignore.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet Kobe didn't show up last season overweight after rupturing his achilles.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

only a few in the history of the game can even come close to his level of obsession and work with basketball

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As I said...just looking to sling mud. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh well. Enjoy the rest of your day, sir.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I noticed he was out of shape 11 games into the season (made a thread about it), it was painfully obvious. Lack of lift on his threes, didn't drive as much, played even worse defense.