1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin wasn't selected to NBA 3-point Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Feb 8, 2011.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Pretty bad for Kevin. He deserves the spot

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Two Celtics? Wtf.

3. jskogsberg

jskogsberg Member

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow snubbed again, ****ing NBA...

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

It's pretty fair

I don't know about Durant.... with all his shooting woes this season :eek:

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's hard enough for one team to get in. Celtics have two teammates in there. :(

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

well, Pierce is defending champion, Ray is gonna past Reggie today and he's going to be the greatest 3 pt shooter in the history when contest'll start, so his spot is secure. I don't think that anybody could beat his record in a future 10 or even 15 years for sure and this mark is one of the most outstanding parts of this season

1 person likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't like the fact that two Celtics are in there. If you're trying to increase fan viewership, and give the most people something to cheer about, why would you pigeonhole yourself by having two guys from the same team in such a limited contest? Ray Allen didn't really need to be included in this year's contest.....everybody knows when it's all said and done, he's gonna go down as one of the greatest shooters ever. Or, if you really felt the need to include him, open up another spot in the contest, and give another guy a chance.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't mind Allen since Pierce "the greatest shooter ever :rolleyes: " challenged him and it would be a good showdown between them. I would take James Jones out. We already know he's not going to win, he will be too slow to keep up. K-Mart deserves a spot.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

the celtics annoy the crap out of me

but both deserve it. Defending champ and greatest of all time by some measures. Honestly all legit selections. Durant is the only one who clearly doesn't deserve it over Martin...but he's KD. Name recognition, and if he wants to do it, they probably let him based on his shooting last year

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If the Rockets dont have Yao Ming at the All-star game we wont be represented at all.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Jones will finally make his first unassisted basket this season (unless he misses all of his shots).

KMart should have been selected.

1 person likes this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Pierce :( :( showed that streaky shooters get hot when challenged ...So Im picking Durant over Allen in finals

14. gambingo

gambingo Member

Kevin Martin and Anthony Morrow should be in it. :(

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

This. I don't get the Celtics hate. Yeah, Pierce and Allen are on the same team, but I'd rather see two worthy guys like them from the same team than some one who can't hit threes.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I guess you don't watch the NBA enough. Ray Allen didn't really need to be included? Try again. He's having the best year out of any Celtic...
    He also has the 3rd most made in the NBA right now and shooting a clip of 46% from 3. It would be highway robbery not to include Ray Allen.

That said, I don't know why Daniel Gibson is in it. Kevin Martin should definitely be in the place of this guy.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd rather see Durant be taken away. Gibson can shoot pretty well, he's just on a ****ty team so he can't always get the same quality shots.

18. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

NBA are whoring the Celtics for every All Star event.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Kevin martin not being in the 3pt contest is just as bad as including Justin Beiber in the celebrity game...

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, to be fair, I didn't realize HOW good of a year Allen was having.....I was basing my comment more on the fact that if you're going to only have one Celtic, the reigning champ deserves his spot. Either way, I'm still more on board with just adding another spot, and keeping everyone in it. Durant probably doesn't deserve the spot, but he's the best player on the list, so he's going to stay. Gibson is probably the odd-man out in my book.