1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin: "Treating players like assests will get you NO WHERE!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ObamaFan, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

No he didnt lmao NO WHERE in that article did he say "Treating players like assests will get you NO WHERE"

I could be wrong but i believe the context of the article is about how players are uneasy when a team isnt doing good and there are changes to be made and the trade deadline is looming. If thats the case, whats the point of this thread? Do you think that we have the only gm that puts multiple players in trade scenarios? Do we hear EVERY single thing about other gm's on espn? how many times do you hear about morey or the rockets inner workings on espn? do you think any gm gives two ****s about a player who isnt a superstar to the point that they wouldn't trade him? lol get real.

We have a gm who drafts good, makes smart moves and keeps us in a good cap situation for when an opportunity presents itself to get better. Sure he hasnt gotten us a superstar but really, how many game changing superstars are there to get and build around? 5? and their teams are supposed to just let go of them?

What more can you ask of morey? Players make millions of dollars, they can afford a therapist if they get sad about making millions of dollars.

smh @ me for feeding the troll.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Seems like there are many posters here treating Morey like an asset that should be moved when he hasn't performed up to expectations.

Wait ... I meant Kevin Martin, not Daryl Morey.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

kevin is mad because morey treats him like his sacramento home. something to dump when you realize you cant afford it.

4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Wait, I meant shouldn't be treating Martin like an asset

Wait, I meant shouldn't be treating Morey like an asset

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

He is right and. Hooray for another 42 and 40 season!!

6. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Am I the only one watching NBA tonight and ESPN and seeing every single analyst, every single journalist, and every single former NBA player on both networks using the word "Assets" when talking about trades or players. In fact, both networks have pointed out the Rockets and Blazers have accumulated some nice assets to set themselves up to have a good summer in free agency. In most conversations, they never actually use the word player.

So.........why are we still beating this dead horse. I swear, some of you are like a dog with a chew toy that just won't let go!!!!!:mad: