1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kevin martin on jim rome today..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thejav, Mar 1, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess I missheard what Martin was talking about. Rick didn't say that. Thorpe said that.

2. thejav

thejav Member

yeah that was pretty funny..t will should listen to this interview..remind him that patience is a virtue...

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Was he referring to David Thorpe instead of Rick?

Edit: Just saw the correction post. Never mind.

4. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

He also came to J&R show. Here is part of it along with the link that has whole interview

- What he thinks about the fans who believe the Rockets would be better off not making the playoffs:

“I’m glad they’re not part of the 15 guys suiting up trying to win games. If they were in our position they wouldn’t feel that way. We have talent around here. Like most of this franchise, I came here to play with Yao, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. What can you do? We’re just going to go out there and play as hard as we can and we’ll see what happens.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/20...ing-the-playoffs-this-year-is-very-realistic/

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Super cool quote, I'm glad the players think that way.

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Morey has a lot on his shoulders. If we don't keep Adelman, Martin might be headed out with him. I don't think anybody would disagree that, if that occurred, it would devastating for an already hurting squad.

7. RX2012

RX2012 Member

thank god they do

8. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

2 people like this.
  9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I disagree.

If he "headed out with him" it'd be because we traded him. Considering the lack of superstars and difference makers available in the near future, that might be the right move.

10. University Blue

So you are saying: for a Houston team that has had a tough time obtaining premier players via trade or free agency (or the draft), players that wants to play in Houston, you want to move one of, if not the only premier player, out of Houston??

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

I'm really surprised he predicted SA vs LA in the WCF after how this down ripped apart Tmac for not predicting us to come out of the West.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Possibly because we were pushing the Lakers that year and have no chance this year.

13. liljojo

liljojo Member

It still probably wasn't the smartest thing to say. I'm not gonna persecute for saying it, I'm just surprised he did.

14. blink

blink Contributing Member

we had no chance that year either. any non-homer could see that

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

How? Martin's still under contract and he doesn't come off as the type of guy who would demand a trade and publicly display his frustration or anger.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You completely missed the point.

We were in a series against the Lakers when Tmac made those comments.

17. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. Kevin Martin isn't delivering a championship, not as "the" guy. So why keep him around to languish on a bad team with no superstar in sight for the near future?

If we're truly rebuilding, we have no business with Martin on the roster...not if we can get legitimate chips for the future.

18. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

What are the chances of getting a decent star with Martin and Scola in the lineup?

What are the chances of getting a decent star without Martin and Scola in this roster.

Stars nowadays don't wanna go to teams that will take years. They want to go to teams where they go and things change quickly.

What we need to do is make this team better and better. Once the time comes, it will be easy to attract a superstar showing we have enough talent. Proving that superstar that he can be the difference maker.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Very articulate guy!

The loss of Shane and AB may just be what pushes KM to the next level of consistency and leadership. Now he's the main perimeter gunner and now I see he has won the trust of his teammates, and especially his PG Kyle Lowry.