1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin named Western player of Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MambaJoe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. hmittal

hmittal Member

Thats a lame arguement. The point is that Wade and Bosh are stars on any team including the heat look at the stats for the last 5 years. They are 1A and 1B on the heat not 2nd and 3rd option. Kevin Martin is a very good player but not a superstar in the league, most NBA analysts would say the same thing. Also, Kevin Martin was brought in as a 2nd option for the Rockets, he was supposed to compliment Yao and not be the go to player, it just turned into that becuase of Yao's injury.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Congratulations to Martin. Of course, he's a star, but obviously not enough of one to give us a winning record. So, I'm going to keep looking.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

of all things to b**** about this year... folks so jaded as to dog KM for getting player of the week.. need to jump off the bandwagon and hopefully wait till it's on the freeway before they do.

4. FullMetal Sage

Good for Martin he deserved it. Lets all hope he can continue to put up these numbers and get that Western Conference player of the month.

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Faulty math there. At 44% FG percentage, he'd make an additional 2.2 shots per game, leading to at least an additional 4.4 points per game, potentially more factoring in three pointers.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

They have the best frontcourt in basketball, all other pieces are interchangeable.

I bet even Ariza could win a ring starting for the Lakers.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I love Clutchfans.

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

There has been a marked improvement in both of those aspects of his game this season and I'm glad because it was the part of his game that I liked the least. He was trying too hard to draw contact and putting the refs in a place to bail him out. After a certain point it wasn't working and he looked silly putting up circus shots at the same time trying to draw contact.

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Bosh can't be a first option, he's already proven that.

No one's saying KM is Lebron or Kobe, he's at the same level as guys like Anthony, Allen, etc, who are stars.

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

taking into account they averaged 4 games, Im sure the 4th game was 25 points or fewer he scored

11. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

Let me see, so in your view a "star" is supposed to win games all by themselves.

So Monta Ellis even with Stephen Curry are not stars because their team doesn't win.

And Blake Griffin isn't a star.

Nor is Kevin Love,

Nor Tyreke Evens, etc.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

What!?!?! I hadn't heard this yet, and I'm damn sure there wasn't a thread started about it earlier which currently has a five star rating on the FIRST page.

13. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Are you ripping threads off the GARM again and then posting them on the GARM?!?! :grin:

14. YaosDirtyStache

Kevin Martin is fools gold.

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Go ahead and dismiss what I said with some baseless generalization about the BBS. It's no wonder that you've got nearly 3000 posts with the same reputation as me -- you aren't adding anything to the discussion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people would agree that those are characteristics of forum trolls. :rolleyes:

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I am a troll, I love trolling idiots.

17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'll let the BBS be the judge of that. ;)

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Martin is on a roll! Long may it continue and congratulations to Kevin for getting the recognition he deserves. :cool:

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Player of the Week awards are fool's gold.

20. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member