1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Me saying we should be shopping him is not based off of the recent slump. It's based off of the potential of a guy like Marcus Morris who eventually will need big time minutes. Also, we don't necessarily need a lotto pick for him. A late 1st rounder could be packaged with one of our other 2 picks to move up for a guy like MKG, Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb, or any other soon to be superstar in this loaded draft.

As good of a scorer Kmart is, do you really think we can win a championship with him as our leading scorer, I thought we could for a while. I even started a thread in the offseason about why Kmart isn't mentioned in the same category as guys like Joe Johnson, Manu, or even Monte Ellis. With his inconsistency he has shown me why he is not in that category.

The fact of the matter is Martin would be a GREAT 2nd option on a team like Washington or Minnesota because they already have their guy that's supposed to bring them championships one day. We can't trade for a superstar, but we can stock up on draft picks and pull a Belichick, use all our picks to trade up. And as loaded as this draft is you got a pretty good shot at landing a superstar if you have a top 8-10 pick.